[9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution - Plan9 ; Well, finally, I have been able to use this thing for a whole day^H^H^H testing period without seeing it crash or corrupt one of my files. At http://lsub.org/ls/octopus.html you may find links to omero.src.tgz and to omero.dis.tgz Also at /n/sources/contrib/nemo/octopus ...

  1. [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution

    Well, finally, I have been able to use this thing for a whole
    day^H^H^H testing period without seeing it crash or corrupt one of my
    files.

    At http://lsub.org/ls/octopus.html you may find links to omero.src.tgz
    and to omero.dis.tgz Also at /n/sources/contrib/nemo/octopus

    There are man pages included and a readme detailing how to run it.
    (http://lsub.org/sys/oman has the entire man for the octopus).
    olive(1) contains all the information needed to learn to use this
    weird thing, although you might need to refer to Plan 9's sam(1) or
    its tutorial regarding the command language.

    I wouldn't use it other than to test and try it. It might eat your
    files. I'll be using it instead of Plan B's omero from now on and
    it's likely that most of the bugs remaining will bite me in the near
    future.

    To avoid adding noise to the list, I'll be updating the distribution
    in the web and sources but I wont send further announces regarding
    this thing.

    BTW, this time I'm using charon's fonts and I wont believe that it
    crashes for you due to fonts (it will do for all other things,
    probably).

    thanks in advance for any stack dump

  2. Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution

    Hello!

    When I make the "Close" action on the main window (the upper left brown
    square), I have got an error on the host console:
    [Wtree] Broken: "Segmentation violation"

    I hope this stack dump helps you:

    closetree(p=@89fe8b8) wtree.b:272.17, 29
    dp=nil
    i=0
    treeproc(t=@89fea58) wtree.b:695.3, 16
    rp=@89fe8b8
    o=@89febb8
    op=@89febb8
    blocked=nil
    elems=nil
    onhold=nil
    op=@89febb8
    released=nil
    blkd=0
    newname=[0] ""
    p=nil
    tt=nil
    force=0
    pelems=nil
    ppath=[0] ""
    x=nil

    BTW, after building from sources I have got an error:

    % o/ports
    % o/mero
    % mkdir /mnt/ui/s0
    % o/x
    cannot load /dis/o/tblks.dis: link typecheck Tblks->init()
    72566fd2/10098dba

    I use the 20071003 inferno package (sorry, I can't get more fresh sources
    from svn).

    --
    Best regards,
    santucco

  3. Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution

    Yet another stack dump.

    When I make the "Write" action on the "Ox" in a directory listing window,
    I have got an error on the host console:
    [Ox] Broken: "Segmentation violation"

    The stack:

    run(tr=@83006b8, ed=nil, what=[5] "Write") x.b:144.2, 18
    dir=[13] "/usr/santucco"
    cmd=[5] "Write"
    nwargs=1
    wargs=@8a14198
    path=[0] ""
    nt=nil
    fd=nil
    where=[0] ""
    col=[0] ""
    e=79
    e=[0] ""
    scr=[0] ""
    ck=79
    trevent(tr=@83006b8, op=[4] "exec", arg=[5] "Write") x.b:237.2, 19
    eventproc(evc=@830d158, xc=[10] @8344408) x.b:279.4, 28
    ev=@8a13eb8
    evarg=[5] "Write"
    tr=@83006b8
    ed=nil
    tr=nil
    what=[4] "exec"
    id=3
    tid=3

    --
    Best regards,
    santucco

  4. Re: [9fans] o/mero and o/live distribution

    cool.
    I'll fix these and update the distrib when I get back in town.
    thanks

    On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Alexander Sychev wrote:
    > Yet another stack dump.
    >
    > When I make the "Write" action on the "Ox" in a directory listing window,
    >
    > I have got an error on the host console:
    > [Ox] Broken: "Segmentation violation"
    >
    > The stack:
    >
    > run(tr=@83006b8, ed=nil, what=[5] "Write") x.b:144.2, 18
    > dir=[13] "/usr/santucco"