Announcing Vim for Plan 9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Announcing Vim for Plan 9 - Plan9 ; I am porting Vim and have made the first tarballs available. See http://vmsplice.net/9vim.html . If you are interested, please try it and let me know how it goes. It is usable, but do not rely on it yet. Things that ...

  1. Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    I am porting Vim and have made the first tarballs available. See
    http://vmsplice.net/9vim.html.

    If you are interested, please try it and let me know how it goes. It
    is usable, but do not rely on it yet.

    Things that currently do not work:
    * Shell execution (including :sh, !, :make, vimdiff, man page
    viewing, and suspend)
    * Mouse
    * Some unicode characters appear not to be fixed width
    * Startup is slow

    Stefan

    PS: Please avoid flamewar .

  2. Re: [9fans] Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    you are my hero. now do the same for firefox

    no, seriously: thanks for the effort!

  3. Re: [9fans] Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    > PS: Please avoid flamewar .

    too late!

    - erik

  4. Re: [9fans] Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    so, is the color scheme fixed? can we get something resembling gvim's
    "delek" color scheme (black letters on white background, light grey
    selections)? that would make vim stand out against everything else
    much less.

  5. Re: [9fans] Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    > so, is the color scheme fixed? can we get something resembling gvim's
    > "delek" color scheme (black letters on white background, light grey
    > selections)? that would make vim stand out against everything else
    > much less.

    "colo delek" in $home/lib/vimrc doesn't seem to work

    but "colo evening" does, so it should be possible

  6. Re: [9fans] Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    That's great! Thank you for your work.

    --
    HZ

  7. Re: Announcing Vim for Plan 9

    On Mar 13, 5:19 pm, mirtchov...@gmail.com (andrey mirtchovski) wrote:
    > so, is the color scheme fixed? can we get something resembling gvim's
    > "delek" color scheme (black letters on white background, light grey
    > selections)? that would make vim stand out against everything else
    > much less.

    The colors and background=dark are hardcoded at the moment. Since all
    graphics is being done inside Vim, I might hook :set background=light
    to change the background color to white and foreground to black.

    To tweak the source, look at src/os_plan9.c:init_colors. Try:
    cterm_normal_bg_color = 16;
    cterm_normal_fg_color = 1;

    Note that loading color schemes with :colo appears to crash (reported
    by fgb). I am fixing that right now.

    Stefan

+ Reply to Thread