[9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc - Plan9 ; here's an idea from brucee for a gsoc project. he did a proof-of-concept earlier today. basically take something like this: http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/heap.jpg and transform it into this: http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/emptyarena.jpg with this as the byproduct: http://www.rangboom.com/images/bruce...ablestacks.jpg he is searching for the right graduate ...

  1. [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc

    here's an idea from brucee for a gsoc project. he did a
    proof-of-concept earlier today. basically take something like this:

    http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/heap.jpg

    and transform it into this:

    http://www.rangboom.com/images/brucee/emptyarena.jpg

    with this as the byproduct:

    http://www.rangboom.com/images/bruce...ablestacks.jpg

    he is searching for the right graduate student to mentor for this fine
    art.

  2. Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc

    In the Russian army:

    Sgt.: Who is a painter here?
    Soldier: I'm the painter.
    Sgt.: Well, take this axe and draw me a stack of firewood in the morning.

    --
    Best regards,
    santucco

  3. Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc

    Alexander Sychev wrote:
    > In the Russian army:
    >
    > Sgt.: Who is a painter here?
    > Soldier: I'm the painter.
    > Sgt.: Well, take this axe and draw me a stack of firewood in the morning.

    That one sounds like it was written by Milligan.

    Martin

  4. Re: [9fans] [OT] interesting hardware project for gsoc

    It's just a quite popular joke in Russia.
    Actually, in the Russian army such kind a "humor" really takes a place.
    For example:
    "dig a ditch from the fence till the dusk"

    --
    Best regards,
    santucco

+ Reply to Thread