[9fans] acme tag line question - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] acme tag line question - Plan9 ; Hello, having open acme window and resizing it, making it smaller, it may happen that parts of tag lines disappear. It seems to me you can no more write anything at the end of those tag lines; more precisely you ...

  1. [9fans] acme tag line question

    Hello,

    having open acme window and resizing it, making it smaller, it may happen
    that parts of tag lines disappear. It seems to me you can no more write
    anything at the end of those tag lines; more precisely you may, you can move
    the cursor there, but you don't see anything of what you type, you are as if
    behind a corner (only after resizing the window back you can see it). Is
    there any way that the tag lines would horizontally scroll? E.g. after
    pressing CTRL-e you would really get to its end AND were still able to write
    & read what you write? Or is it so that if the window is small it is just
    small and unusable (you can't click on what you type, you can't easily Look
    for things...)?

    This may also easily happen when the paths mentioned in tag lines are long
    enough...

    Thanks for answers,
    Ruda

  2. Re: [9fans] acme tag line question

    > Is
    > there any way that the tag lines would horizontally scroll?

    Moving the mouse vertically while holding down button 1 (basically
    selecting some text in the tag line) causes horizontal scrolling. A
    bit counter-intuitive and inadequate, but better than nothing.

    ++L

+ Reply to Thread