[9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources - Plan9 ; Hello, please, I tried to compile abaco web browser from /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/sys/src/cmd/abaco (I hope, this is the right place to get abaco's sources) but did not succeed, obtaining: term% mk 8c -FVw html.c html.c:255 not a member of struct/union: color warning: ...

  1. [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    Hello,

    please, I tried to compile abaco web browser from

    /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/sys/src/cmd/abaco

    (I hope, this is the right place to get abaco's sources) but did not
    succeed, obtaining:

    term% mk
    8c -FVw html.c
    html.c:255 not a member of struct/union: color
    warning: html.c:251 set and not used: i
    mk: 8c -FVw html.c : exit status=rc 10347: 8c 10349: error

    What it says is basically, as far as I can tell, true. That structure,
    Irule, is defined in /sys/include/html.h, and does not have the 'color'
    item.
    Does anybody know what should be done for successful compilation? I would
    really like to try abaco, but am just a poor physisist, not a programmer...
    . And having a system without any possibility to read www is a pain...

    Thanks
    Ruda

  2. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    I submited a patch for libhtml, I don't know if it was accepted.
    anyways, you can grab a binaria at:
    /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/386/bin/abaco

    note, that installing abaco with the contrib tools
    would have done this for you.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  3. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    i believe the patch is out-of-date. this is a diff
    against the current html.h

    ; 9diff html.h
    /n/sources/plan9//sys/include/html.h:173,178 - html.h:173,179
    Item* next; /* successor in list of items */
    int width; /* width in pixels (0 for floating items) */
    int height; /* height in pixels */
    + Rectangle r;
    int ascent; /* ascent (from top to baseline) in pixels */
    int anchorid; /* if nonzero, which anchor we're in */
    int state; /* flags and values (see below) */
    /n/sources/plan9//sys/include/html.h:350,355 - html.h:351,357
    Item* image; /* image item, for Fimage fields */
    int ctlid; /* identifies control for this field in layout */
    SEvent* events; /* same as genattr->events of containing item */
    + void* aux;
    };

    enum {
    /n/sources/plan9//sys/include/html.h:464,469 - html.h:466,472
    int row; /* row of upper left corner */
    int col; /* col of upper left corner */
    Point pos; /* nw corner of cell contents, in cell */
    + Rectangle r;
    };

    /* Anchor is for info about hyperlinks that go somewhere */

    - erik

  4. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    hmmm... I'm not getting this, my patch just adds
    an int color to the ruler item.
    don't know where did those rectangles came from.

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  5. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    > hmmm... I'm not getting this, my patch just adds
    > an int color to the ruler item.
    > don't know where did those rectangles came from.

    older patch? it's not something i added but it is (was)
    required for abaco at some point.

    - erik

  6. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    the patch I was talking about was /n/sources/patch/libhtml-hr-color .

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  7. Re: [9fans] problem with compilation of abaco from fgb's sources

    Thanks! I used those contrib tools and abaco now works...
    R.

    On 29/02/2008, Federico G. Benavento wrote:

    > I submited a patch for libhtml, I don't know if it was accepted.
    > anyways, you can grab a binaria at:
    > /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/386/bin/abaco
    >
    > note, that installing abaco with the contrib tools
    > would have done this for you.
    >

    > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Rudolf Sykora
    > wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > please, I tried to compile abaco web browser from
    > >
    > > /n/sources/contrib/fgb/root/sys/src/cmd/abaco
    > >
    > > (I hope, this is the right place to get abaco's sources) but did not
    > > succeed, obtaining:
    > >
    > > term% mk
    > > 8c -FVw html.c
    > > html.c:255 not a member of struct/union: color
    > > warning: html.c:251 set and not used: i
    > > mk: 8c -FVw html.c : exit status=rc 10347: 8c 10349: error
    > >
    > > What it says is basically, as far as I can tell, true. That structure,
    > > Irule, is defined in /sys/include/html.h, and does not have the 'color'
    > > item.
    > > Does anybody know what should be done for successful compilation? I

    > would
    > > really like to try abaco, but am just a poor physisist, not a

    > programmer...
    > > . And having a system without any possibility to read www is a pain...
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Ruda
    > >

    > --
    >
    > Federico G. Benavento