[9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video - Plan9 ; Here's one with audio narrative: http://www.rangboom.com/videos/intro2_intro2_plan9.wmv here are the others: http://www.rangboom.com/videos/a_rio_session.wmv http://www.rangboom.com/videos/rio_session.wmv http://www.rangboom.com/videos/acme_session.mov http://www.rangboom.com/videos/acme_session.wmv enjoy!...

  1. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    Thanks.

    But, could you please encode these videos with not so proprietary
    codes? For example, xvid or ogg/theora? It would be helpful to enjoy
    your work on platforms without legal native win32 decoders yet.

    --
    HZ

  2. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    Hi,

    I've encoded the videos into H.264 in a MP4 container:

    http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/acme_session.mp4 (6.5M)
    http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/intro_plan9.mp4 (2.4M)
    http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/rio_session1.mp4 (4.4M)
    http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/rio_session2.mp4 (2.1M)

    VLC/Mplayer should be able to play them on most platforms.

    Cheers,
    Anant

  3. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    Thank you for your work. That's great :-)

    --
    HZ

  4. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    so what format do you want the next one in? we talking "in coming ...
    ... .. ." but believe it or not i screwed up the talkie, sorta. the
    audio, as indistinct as it may be, is not compressed.

    a team of primates are looking into it. the NW studio is totally together.

    brucee

    On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
    > Thank you for your work. That's great :-)
    >

    > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Anant Narayanan wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I've encoded the videos into H.264 in a MP4 container:
    > >
    > > http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/acme_session.mp4 (6.5M)
    > > http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/intro_plan9.mp4 (2.4M)
    > > http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/rio_session1.mp4 (4.4M)
    > > http://www.kix.in/plan9/videos/rio_session2.mp4 (2.1M)
    > >
    > > VLC/Mplayer should be able to play them on most platforms.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Anant
    > >

    > --
    > HZ

  5. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    Hi,

    I think H.264 / AVC would be OK. At least, both gstreamer and vlc
    contain its codec. And free codecs, such as ogg/theora would be OK
    too. So that the videos could be easily spread to other platforms, eg
    GNU/Linux.

    --
    HZ

  6. Re: [9fans] introduction to introduction to plan9 - video

    Although H.264 is quite a resources whore, and thus is not that easily
    readable on non modern machines, so you might want to use the good ol'
    mpeg4 (divx 4/5).

    --
    GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net:

    KeyID: | Fingerprint:
    683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3