Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008 - Plan9 ; On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM, hiro wrote: > But they will rather want a bit more experienced people, won't they? well, you can apply and see. we don't assume students are all 30-years grizzled veterans. ron...

  1. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:43 PM, hiro <23hiro@googlemail.com> wrote:

    > But they will rather want a bit more experienced people, won't they?

    well, you can apply and see.

    we don't assume students are all 30-years grizzled veterans.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    > we don't assume students are all 30-years grizzled veterans.

    you just turn them into ones

    seriously though, as a former intern of Ron's I can only recommend it!
    there's no better way to learn new skills and Ron is a great mentor
    and a fine master of the programming sword.

    everybody who fits the criteria should consider applying for the job!

  3. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    > we don't assume students are all 30-years grizzled veterans.

    I'm not grizzled!

    Sape

  4. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Sape Mullender
    wrote:
    > > we don't assume students are all 30-years grizzled veterans.

    > I'm not grizzled!

    we were talking about Gorka.

  5. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:

    > we were talking about Gorka.

    I added at least 20 years to his age when I fixed his Mac.

    ron

  6. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    key word - "Fixed"

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    >
    > > we were talking about Gorka.
    > >

    > I added at least 20 years to his age when I fixed his Mac.
    >
    > ron

  7. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    like a dog?

    - erik

    > key word - "Fixed"
    >
    > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > >
    > > > we were talking about Gorka.
    > > >

    > > I added at least 20 years to his age when I fixed his Mac.
    > >
    > > ron

  8. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM, erik quanstrom wrote:
    > like a dog?

    More like a pine box.

    ron

  9. Re: [9fans] GSOC 2008

    On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
    > key word - "Fixed"

    Actually the key word here would be "Blessed".
    Btw, I am not grizzled, maybe seasoned.

    You know, the other meaning...
    griz·zle
    1. to complain; whimper; whine.