Re: [9fans] An unsuccessful attempt to install on Thinkpad T43 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] An unsuccessful attempt to install on Thinkpad T43 - Plan9 ; Thank you for your reply. I am not familiar with lguest. I browsed the documentation of lguest but cannot grasp the core idea yet. Is it something like vmware? On Feb 18, 2008 11:43 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote: > ...

  1. Re: [9fans] An unsuccessful attempt to install on Thinkpad T43

    --
    HZ

  2. Re: [9fans] An unsuccessful attempt to install on Thinkpad T43

    On Feb 19, 2008 12:01 AM, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
    > Thank you for your reply.
    >
    > I am not familiar with lguest. I browsed the documentation of lguest
    > but cannot grasp the core idea yet. Is it something like vmware?

    Yes - but much more simple. Ron Minnich has THNX (tiny horrible not
    xen) which is essentially a USB flash-stick pacakged boot environment
    for Plan 9 running on top of lguest under Linux with full graphics,
    network, etc. What you want to do is replicate that without the flash
    disk and using your underlying Linux (assuming you have or can upgrade
    to a kernel which has lguest). There was a presentation and paper at
    the last IWP9 discussing it. Perhaps Ron can point us at the most
    recent repository of all his stuff.

    -eric

+ Reply to Thread