New question: can Limbo be compiled to raw binary to run on native
hardware? Yes. Will I do it? No.

Next question: can C be interpreted like Limbo? Yes. (10th edition
Unix has such a program.) Will I do it? No.

Someone's ideas on a programming language should not be "forced" onto
another's state of mind. I don't like some of the features of Limbo
(sys := load Sys Sys->PATH) and I don't think Limbo can be used to
write a system kernel without an abundant amount of reductions or
compiler hacks (http://www.osdev.org/wiki/C_PlusPlus discusses enough
of them for C++ to make one puke). If someone defies those odds, good
for them. Also, C can be a pain in the neck at so many times (pointer
arithmetic multiplies the difficulty of porting Assembly to C). C can
be made to type-check at runtime, but will I do it to C itself? Not
when I'm porting about 30 Assembly files to C. I fear I've fallen
victim to the complications of Duff's device and the alt construct,
so I'll stop.

Flame extinguished.