[9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux - Plan9 ; Hi all, Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux box? That is, ...

  1. [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux

    Hi all,

    Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still
    usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I
    wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux
    box? That is, what is the best way to access Plan9 from Linux? SSH?
    or any other more Plan9 welcome methods? And, of course, I have tried
    to learn them from Plan9 wiki but feel yet difficult to understand
    some concepts there, such as u9fs etc.

    BTW: I have used ``Plan9 from user space'' port on my Linux box for a
    while. Is it useful to meet the mission mentioned above?

    Thanks.

    --
    HZ

  2. Re: [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux

    Inferno.

    On Feb 8, 2008 10:13 AM, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still
    > usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I
    > wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux
    > box? That is, what is the best way to access Plan9 from Linux? SSH?
    > or any other more Plan9 welcome methods? And, of course, I have tried
    > to learn them from Plan9 wiki but feel yet difficult to understand
    > some concepts there, such as u9fs etc.
    >
    > BTW: I have used ``Plan9 from user space'' port on my Linux box for a
    > while. Is it useful to meet the mission mentioned above?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > HZ

  3. Re: [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux

    That makes me think that if there was a C to dis compiler, a full
    plan9 fs (with its /dis/bin, /dis/lib) could be used from inferno.
    Probably, as usual, many people know the reasons of not having such a
    compiler. I don't.

    2008/2/8, Uriel :
    > Inferno.
    >
    > On Feb 8, 2008 10:13 AM, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still
    > > usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I
    > > wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux
    > > box? That is, what is the best way to access Plan9 from Linux? SSH?
    > > or any other more Plan9 welcome methods? And, of course, I have tried
    > > to learn them from Plan9 wiki but feel yet difficult to understand
    > > some concepts there, such as u9fs etc.
    > >
    > > BTW: I have used ``Plan9 from user space'' port on my Linux box for a
    > > while. Is it useful to meet the mission mentioned above?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > --
    > > HZ

  4. Re: [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux

    On Feb 8, 2008 10:13 AM, Hongzheng Wang wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still
    > usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I
    > wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux

    I think the simplest way would be:

    Configure your Plan 9 box as a CPU server which should be described
    here
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan...ver/index.html
    and use drawterm to connect to it:
    http://swtch.com/drawterm/
    from drawterm you can access your local fs in /mnt/term so you can
    copy things back
    and forth also.
    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  5. Re: [9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux

    It sounds really interesting. I will have a try. Thanks.

    --
    HZ

+ Reply to Thread