[9fans] managing windows in rio - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] managing windows in rio - Plan9 ; Hi all, to cut it short: how do you guys do it? Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. [9fans] managing windows in rio

    Hi all,

    to cut it short: how do you guys do it?

    Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same
    acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or in rio from
    p9p. And I am having trouble finding and raising to focus the one I need
    when there are more than, say, five of them on a res of 1280x800.

    Sqweek pointed me to winwatch which seems rather neat, but there is no
    such thing in p9p as far as I know, and no keyboard shortcut to cycle
    through the various windows (except in cinap's hacked rio ).
    So I assume there must be a way to work efficiently through the
    windows and I'm curious to know what are everyone habits and tricks for
    that.

    Thanks,
    Mathieu.

    --
    GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net:

    KeyID: | Fingerprint:
    683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3
    --

  2. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    a non-plan9 solution: run rio with -virtuals num and have a few
    different desktops, switching between them with the middle button.

    i typically run 'rio -virtuals 4'

    andrey

    On Feb 7, 2008 10:22 AM, wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > to cut it short: how do you guys do it?
    >
    > Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same
    > acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or in rio from
    > p9p. And I am having trouble finding and raising to focus the one I need
    > when there are more than, say, five of them on a res of 1280x800.
    >
    > Sqweek pointed me to winwatch which seems rather neat, but there is no
    > such thing in p9p as far as I know, and no keyboard shortcut to cycle
    > through the various windows (except in cinap's hacked rio ).
    > So I assume there must be a way to work efficiently through the
    > windows and I'm curious to know what are everyone habits and tricks for
    > that.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mathieu.
    >
    > --
    > GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net:
    >
    > KeyID: | Fingerprint:
    > 683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3
    > --

  3. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    Ah thx, way easier like that!

    --
    GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net:

    KeyID: | Fingerprint:
    683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3
    --

  4. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    I use exactly the same virtuals. I really like the scrollwheel virtual
    switching.
    I also still use '-term xterm'.

    But I wish I had a riofs, in order to write some scripts playing with
    the windows, or using 'xbindkeys' for doing some wm tasks.

    2008/2/7, andrey mirtchovski :
    > a non-plan9 solution: run rio with -virtuals num and have a few
    > different desktops, switching between them with the middle button.
    >
    > i typically run 'rio -virtuals 4'
    >
    > andrey
    >
    > On Feb 7, 2008 10:22 AM, wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > to cut it short: how do you guys do it?
    > >
    > > Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same
    > > acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or in rio from
    > > p9p. And I am having trouble finding and raising to focus the one I need
    > > when there are more than, say, five of them on a res of 1280x800.
    > >
    > > Sqweek pointed me to winwatch which seems rather neat, but there is no
    > > such thing in p9p as far as I know, and no keyboard shortcut to cycle
    > > through the various windows (except in cinap's hacked rio ).
    > > So I assume there must be a way to work efficiently through the
    > > windows and I'm curious to know what are everyone habits and tricks for
    > > that.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Mathieu.
    > >
    > > --
    > > GPG key on subkeys.pgp.net:
    > >
    > > KeyID: | Fingerprint:
    > > 683DE5F3 | 4324 5818 39AA 9545 95C6 09AF B0A4 DFEA 683D E5F3
    > > --

  5. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    > I use exactly the same virtuals. I really like the scrollwheel virtual
    > switching.
    > I also still use '-term xterm'.
    >
    > But I wish I had a riofs, in order to write some scripts playing with
    > the windows, or using 'xbindkeys' for doing some wm tasks.
    >
    > 2008/2/7, andrey mirtchovski :
    >> a non-plan9 solution: run rio with -virtuals num and have a few
    >> different desktops, switching between them with the middle button.
    >>
    >> i typically run 'rio -virtuals 4'
    >>
    >> andrey
    >>
    >> On Feb 7, 2008 10:22 AM, wrote:
    >> > Hi all,
    >> >
    >> > to cut it short: how do you guys do it?
    >> >
    >> > Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same
    >> > acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or in rio from
    >> > p9p. And I am having trouble finding and raising to focus the one I need
    >> > when there are more than, say, five of them on a res of 1280x800.
    >> >
    >> > Sqweek pointed me to winwatch which seems rather neat, but there is no
    >> > such thing in p9p as far as I know, and no keyboard shortcut to cycle
    >> > through the various windows (except in cinap's hacked rio ).
    >> > So I assume there must be a way to work efficiently through the
    >> > windows and I'm curious to know what are everyone habits and tricks for
    >> > that.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Mathieu.

    I've quit using p9p rio... to use multiple desktops well, you need a scroll
    wheel, but using a scroll wheel for midclick is terrible. Now, I use a real
    3 button mouse and stumpwm on Linux.
    Anyway, back to Plan 9... I always have two drawterm windows open to different
    systems. One is for mail, IRC, and different crap, and the other is for work.
    The work one has the most windows open; I tend to keep a big acme right in the
    center and a bunch (about 6) terminal windows open around it. The important
    thing is to keep enough of a window visible that I can bring it forward easily.

    That said, I work at 1920x1200 so this may not be as effective on lower
    resolutions. I have had organization problems on my Thinkpad @ 1024x768.

    John

  6. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    > I've quit using p9p rio... to use multiple desktops well, you need a scroll
    > wheel, but using a scroll wheel for midclick is terrible. Now, I use a real
    > 3 button mouse and stumpwm on Linux.

    this _might_ appeal, but it might not.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Think.../dp/B00007DTC6

    -Steve

  7. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    >> I've quit using p9p rio... to use multiple desktops well, you need a scroll
    >> wheel, but using a scroll wheel for midclick is terrible. Now, I use a real
    >> 3 button mouse and stumpwm on Linux.

    > this _might_ appeal, but it might not.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Think.../dp/B00007DTC6
    >
    > -Steve

    We have some Lenovo 3-button/scrollpoint type mice here... the problem is that
    since the scroller isn't really a wheel, more of a nub you push, it's difficult
    to move only one desktop; as with the Mighty Mouse, it tends to skip through
    several desktops.
    I'm sticking to my Logitech 3-button PS/2 mouse for now; that's the mouse I
    always suggest to new Plan 9 users. I have about 5 of them.

    John

  8. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    > > I've quit using p9p rio... to use multiple desktops well, you need a scroll
    > > wheel, but using a scroll wheel for midclick is terrible. Now, I use a real
    > > 3 button mouse and stumpwm on Linux.

    > this _might_ appeal, but it might not.
    >
    > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Think.../dp/B00007DTC6

    I'm using the 31P7405 that matches picture (expect for brand name :-) of
    (found a few unexpectedly inexpensive on ebay)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Think...dp/B00009VFIV/

    before that one I've been using three button mice for years.
    the middle button of the scrollpoint mouse is much farther away than
    on the mice I used before, so occasionally I hit the scrollpoint
    (blue thingy) while clicking the middle button.
    neverthless, I never expected I would like the scroll point so much.

    regarding p9p rio - some years ago I tried hacking it to
    keep transient windows on top of their main windows
    (by suggestion from Russ) but I messed up the code,
    my changes were too complex, and it would occasionally break.
    I thought that I should first read the icccm documents
    and retry, but of course never got to it.
    since then I started using osx and acme-sac instead of p9p,
    so chances are slim I'll return to hacking p9p rio...

    Axel.

  9. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:22:46 -0000, wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > to cut it short: how do you guys do it?
    >
    > Since I am not to the point where I run almost everything in the same
    > acme window, I need quite a few windows when I'm on p9 or in rio from
    > p9p. And I am having trouble finding and raising to focus the one I need
    > when there are more than, say, five of them on a res of 1280x800.
    >
    > Sqweek pointed me to winwatch which seems rather neat, but there is no
    > such thing in p9p as far as I know, and no keyboard shortcut to cycle
    > through the various windows (except in cinap's hacked rio ).
    > So I assume there must be a way to work efficiently through the
    > windows and I'm curious to know what are everyone habits and tricks for
    > that.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mathieu.

    I have had similar questions about ways to streamline my Plan 9 experience
    since like... a week ago (that is when I began using it).

    Plan 9 interfaces I have seen (rio itself, the window to rc, acme) are too
    mousy, and I used to (and still do) curse Windows (and adore *BSD) for
    just that reason. The line editor, ed, on the other hand makes good use of
    the keyboard, but I really preferred the vi (vim, actually) way; I know,
    vi was originally built around ed.

    Here are (some of) my questions:

    Is there some way (other than messing with the code)...

    1. to change the focus except by mouse?
    2. to change acme's chording behavior?
    3. to change acme's focus model from point-to-type to click-to-type?
    4. to recall commands typed in an rc session without resorting to the
    middle mouse button (snarf+paste)?
    5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    page?
    6. to make rc auto-complete with the [tab] key, instead of the [ins] key?
    7. to make rc auto-complete commands and not only file/directory names?
    8. to make the [del] key delete the character at the caret as it does in
    many other environments?
    9. to search a manual page while reading it, and not by piping it through
    grep?

    Are there...

    1. any (configurable or otherwise) keyboard shortcuts in acme/rio?
    2. alternatives to mouse navigation and, particularly, text selection in
    acme?
    3. ways to quit acid without deleting its window or hitting [ctrl]+[d]
    twice, which ends up deleting the window and all the scrollback buffer
    with it (I could not find a quit() function in the manual page)?

    Notes on the Plan 9 way of interfacing (the user side of it, of course)
    are also welcome. Perhaps there are better/faster ways to do things that I
    am not aware of.

    Thanks for your taking the time to read through.

  10. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    On Feb 8, 2008 4:47 AM, Eris Discordia wrote:

    > I have had similar questions about ways to streamline my Plan 9 experience
    > since like... a week ago (that is when I began using it).

    For starters, I'd suggest that if you've been using it for a week,
    you've not been using it long enough to properly internalize the
    interface. It's designed to become transparent - to be used without
    thinking about it - but that takes a little bit of time. Once you're
    there, however, you'll likely be faster than with other interfaces.

    That being said, there are answers to some of these questions which
    may keep you happy. :-)

    > 1. to change the focus except by mouse?

    Probably not in the way you're thinking of, but yes. Rio exports a
    file system interface which permits manipulation of windows. This is
    useful for programatically changing the focus, but there isn't a set
    of key bindings, which may be what you're thinking of.

    > 2. to change acme's chording behavior?

    No. But what would you like to change about it?

    > 3. to change acme's focus model from point-to-type to click-to-type?

    -b, the bartflag. Undocumented and, last i heard officially,
    experimental. It worked well for me for the week or so i tried it.

    > 4. to recall commands typed in an rc session without resorting to the
    > middle mouse button (snarf+paste)?

    I believe the scripts " and "" (good luck googling for that!) in
    /n/sources/contrib/rsc may do what you want. Note how they do what
    they do without adding any stupid terminal awareness to rc, or
    shell-specific functionality to rio.

    > 5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    > g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    > page?

    rc does not scroll; rio scrolls. Read rio's man page.

    > 6. to make rc auto-complete with the [tab] key, instead of the [ins] key?

    I don't believe so, thank god. Having to fight to get a friggin' tab
    when i want one is probably the "feature" of some modern unixes that
    irritates me most (not counting lacking features like private
    namespaces).

    > 7. to make rc auto-complete commands and not only file/directory names?
    > 8. to make the [del] key delete the character at the caret as it does in
    > many other environments?

    Not without mucking with the code.

    > 9. to search a manual page while reading it, and not by piping it through
    > grep?

    Not in rio. What you're looking for is called "look"; i believe
    there's been patches historically, and certainly enough people have
    looked for it. I've taken to reading man pages in acme, where that's
    easy, unless i'm just looking for a particular invocation.

    > 1. any (configurable or otherwise) keyboard shortcuts in acme/rio?

    No. Again, live with it for a bit. If you're still not convinced, google smacme.

    > 2. alternatives to mouse navigation and, particularly, text selection in
    > acme?

    Again, acme exports a namespace which provides much of this
    functionality, but there aren't a set of key bindings. The system is
    designed to be used with a mouse.

    > 3. ways to quit acid without deleting its window or hitting [ctrl]+[d]
    > twice, which ends up deleting the window and all the scrollback buffer
    > with it (I could not find a quit() function in the manual page)?

    I'm not certain what your issue here is, but a single ^D is enough to
    quit acid for me, and it doesn't kill the background.

  11. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    * Eris Discordia (eris.discordia@gmail.com) wrote:
    > I have had similar questions about ways to streamline my Plan 9 experience
    > since like... a week ago (that is when I began using it).
    >
    > Plan 9 interfaces I have seen (rio itself, the window to rc, acme) are too
    > mousy, and I used to (and still do) curse Windows (and adore *BSD) for
    > just that reason. The line editor, ed, on the other hand makes good use of
    > the keyboard, but I really preferred the vi (vim, actually) way; I know,
    > vi was originally built around ed.

    Well, the general attitude around here is that mouse interfaces aren't
    necessarily bad (and the Plan 9 ones are particularly effeicient once you
    get a grip on them). Also, the main applications (rio, acme, sam...) not
    configurable except by hacking the code is a design feature to encourage
    consistent behaviour across sites. That way I can sit down at about any Plan
    9 machine and don't have to guess how the environment behaves.

    I'll still tackle a few of you specific questions:

    > 1. to change the focus except by mouse?
    > 2. to change acme's chording behavior?

    See above; chording is especially carefully crafted. It's probably more
    gratifying in the long run to just learn the standard chording methods.

    > 3. to change acme's focus model from point-to-type to click-to-type?

    That's a tricky one. It would certainly be possible to change the focus
    behaviour, but that would cripple acme to a more conventional user
    interface. One of the things that make working with acme so pleasant is the
    fact that you don't have to click too much. Also, it could lead to
    inconsistencies (for example right click on a file name to open it: should
    the focus move to the new editing window because you'll likely want to edit
    the file content or should it stay on the drectory view (or whereever you
    have been) because you clicked there?) This might be a trivial case that
    could be easily decided on, but you'd inadvertently get less obvious corner
    cases.

    > 4. to recall commands typed in an rc session without resorting to the
    > middle mouse button (snarf+paste)?

    Erik Quanstrom(?) has a modified rc with basic readline behaviour in his
    contrib directory.

    > 5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    > g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    > page?

    Rc doesn't block (cf. p(1) ); rio windows do, though. Rio(1) explains how
    you can handle this (and more).

    > 6. to make rc auto-complete with the [tab] key, instead of the [ins] key?
    > 7. to make rc auto-complete commands and not only file/directory names?

    That, too, is a feature of rio, not rc. The effect is that auto-completion
    isn't restricted to the shell, but there really isn't a sensible way to
    decide whether to complete file names or commands. And it's actually quite
    convenient to be able to juste type tab characters. You can use ctrl+f,
    though.

    > 8. to make the [del] key delete the character at the caret as it does in
    > many other environments?

    Del actually is the traditional interrupt key. I think Berkeley changed it
    to ctrl+c, but in the Plan 9 lineage leading back to 1st ed Unix it's been
    del all the time. Plus, you already have bs, and I'd conjecture that you are
    mor likely to delete what you have already typed than what you are going to
    type.

    > 9. to search a manual page while reading it, and not by piping it through
    > grep?

    You could just open the man page in acme. The usual search options are
    available then. Plus, you can then open related man pages with a single
    click.

    Hope I could help a bit,
    Martin

  12. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    > I have had similar questions about ways to streamline my Plan 9 experience
    > since like... a week ago (that is when I began using it).
    >
    > Plan 9 interfaces I have seen (rio itself, the window to rc, acme) are too
    > mousy, and I used to (and still do) curse Windows (and adore *BSD) for
    > just that reason. The line editor, ed, on the other hand makes good use of
    > the keyboard, but I really preferred the vi (vim, actually) way; I know,
    > vi was originally built around ed.

    we live in the 21th century

    > Here are (some of) my questions:
    >
    > Is there some way (other than messing with the code)...
    >

    > 1. to change the focus except by mouse?
    > 2. to change acme's chording behavior?
    > 3. to change acme's focus model from point-to-type to click-to-type?

    1, 2, 3: change the code

    > 4. to recall commands typed in an rc session without resorting to the
    > middle mouse button (snarf+paste)?

    russ has to useful scripts " and "" one prints the last comand the other
    executes it. what they do is grepping /dev/text

    > 5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    > g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    > page?

    middle click, "scroll"

    > 6. to make rc auto-complete with the [tab] key, instead of the [ins] key?

    why would you want that, get use to the system, this is a new world
    don't go to Laos and expect everyone speak english.

    > 7. to make rc auto-complete commands and not only file/directory names?

    different OS & paradigm == different behavior

    > 8. to make the [del] key delete the character at the caret as it does in
    > many other environments?

    in rio interrupts the program being run

    > 9. to search a manual page while reading it, and not by piping it through
    > grep?

    read man pages in acme and just use Look or right click in the word you
    want to search

    > Are there...
    >
    > 1. any (configurable or otherwise) keyboard shortcuts in acme/rio?

    no

    > 2. alternatives to mouse navigation and, particularly, text selection in
    > acme?

    no

    > 3. ways to quit acid without deleting its window or hitting [ctrl]+[d]
    > twice, which ends up deleting the window and all the scrollback buffer
    > with it (I could not find a quit() function in the manual page)?

    read its man page

    > Notes on the Plan 9 way of interfacing (the user side of it, of course)
    > are also welcome. Perhaps there are better/faster ways to do things that I
    > am not aware of.

    use the system, it's not supposed to feel like "home", it's a
    different environment,
    hence it has a different behavior. so try to be a bit open minded here

    --
    Federico G. Benavento

  13. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    On Feb 8, 2008 6:58 AM, Federico G. Benavento wrote:

    > why would you want that, get use to the system, this is a new world
    > don't go to Laos and expect everyone speak english.

    i read that as "don't go to the Labs and expect everyone speak
    english". i guess that could well be true, especially in some parts of
    the Labs:
    http://www.bell-labs.com/org/bl-india/
    I'm glad they replaced the old picture with the fallen-down street
    sign out front.

  14. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    >> 4. to recall commands typed in an rc session without resorting to the
    >> middle mouse button (snarf+paste)?

    > russ has to useful scripts " and "" one prints the last comand the other
    > executes it. what they do is grepping /dev/text
    >
    >> 5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    >> g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    >> page?

    > middle click, "scroll"

    one important difference that may be missed here is that unlike
    linux, the shell is not responsible for either of these behaviors.
    rio and acme are the two programs that link against libcomplete
    thus, when running on the console, there is no completion
    available.

    there is a version of rc with research unix-style history.
    /n/sources/contrib/quanstro/futharc.tgz. it works by saving
    parsed commands to a file designated by $history. the
    program history.c can be compiled as - and -p so that
    "-p x" would print the last command x executed in any
    window; "- x" would repeat that command. "grep x $history"
    would search history.

    > 7. to make rc auto-complete commands and not only file/directory names?
    >
    > different OS & paradigm == different behavior

    again, rc isn't doing the completion. rio/acme don't
    know what the commands might be.

    this is why tab is not the completion key. it would be
    inconvient to be disallowed typing tab in any program
    (save sam).

    - erik

  15. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    Thanks for the replies. Seems like there is a lot to learn about the Plan
    9 user interface before I can go on to more "serious" things.

    By the way, I always thought computer science/engineering experts, a group
    I am not a member of, would rather have half a keyboard than two mice ;-)

  16. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    > By the way, I always thought computer science/engineering experts, a group
    > I am not a member of, would rather have half a keyboard than two mice ;-)

    i believe that's an accurate description of the first mouse. the left hand
    mouse had enough buttons to type.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_mouse#Early_mice

    - erik

  17. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    On Feb 8, 2008 1:22 PM, Eris Discordia wrote:
    > By the way, I always thought computer science/engineering experts, a group
    > I am not a member of, would rather have half a keyboard than two mice ;-)

    that's only because most such people have never encountered a decent mouse-based
    interface, i believe.

    mind you, acme's much better than rio in that respect. i always lose windows
    in rio, and i haven't seen a decent solution yet.

  18. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    Let us assume, that I am looking into some text information in ACME ( text
    file, of xml file, etc.).

    Is it a way to display line numbers along the text?
    Is it a way to figure out particular line number?

    (It may be useful during discussion on the context of the file, for
    example).

    Thank for the attention to this question.
    Michael.

    On Feb 8, 2008 8:34 AM, roger peppe wrote:

    > On Feb 8, 2008 1:22 PM, Eris Discordia wrote:
    > > By the way, I always thought computer science/engineering experts, a

    > group
    > > I am not a member of, would rather have half a keyboard than two mice

    > ;-)
    >
    > that's only because most such people have never encountered a decent
    > mouse-based
    > interface, i believe.
    >
    > mind you, acme's much better than rio in that respect. i always lose
    > windows
    > in rio, and i haven't seen a decent solution yet.

  19. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    On Feb 8, 2008 2:26 PM, Michael Andronov wrote:
    > Is it a way to display line numbers along the text?

    Edit ,>grep -n '^'

    or perhaps:

    Edit ,|grep -n '^'
    and later:
    Edit ,x/^[0-9]+: /d

    > Is it a way to figure out particular line number?

    Edit =

  20. Re: [9fans] managing windows in rio

    benavento@gmail.com wrote:

    >> 5. to make rc auto-scroll for programs that output many pages of text, e.
    >> g. a du on a deep directory tree, and to not block them after a single
    >> page?

    > middle click, "scroll"

    Or, if you really want, start rio with the -s option; you can modify your
    lib/profile to do that.

    >> 6. to make rc auto-complete with the [tab] key, instead of the [ins] key?

    > why would you want that, get use to the system, this is a new world
    > don't go to Laos and expect everyone speak english.

    All "please god must every newbie ask these same questions" hostility aside,
    when you consider that Plan 9 rebinds Caps Lock to be Control, typing
    ^F for completion is actually pretty handy.

    >> Are there...
    >>
    >> 1. any (configurable or otherwise) keyboard shortcuts in acme/rio?

    > no

    Actually, it has ^A and ^E to go to the start and the end of the current
    line, respectively. The reason for 'smacme' is that Ron got annoyed without
    keyboard shortcuts, saw that there were already the (undocumented?) ^E and
    ^A commands, and went ahead and added some more bits.

    >> 3. ways to quit acid without deleting its window or hitting [ctrl]+[d]
    >> twice, which ends up deleting the window and all the scrollback buffer
    >> with it (I could not find a quit() function in the manual page)?
    >>

    > read its man page

    Yes, the man page is always a good idea. Also... you only have to hit ^D
    once. If you've been running a program within acme, it will then print
    out a command you can send to rc to kill that program.

    John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast