[9fans] plan9port rio not serving any fs? - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] plan9port rio not serving any fs? - Plan9 ; Isn't the plan9port rio exporting its windows through any fd? I use rio, but somehow I don't see any fd from it published at `namespace`. Maybe that's normal. Thanks, LluĂ*s....

  1. [9fans] plan9port rio not serving any fs?

    Isn't the plan9port rio exporting its windows through any fd?

    I use rio, but somehow I don't see any fd from it published at
    `namespace`. Maybe that's normal.

    Thanks,
    LluĂ*s.

  2. Re: [9fans] plan9port rio not serving any fs?

    p9p rio doesn't use the Plan 9 file model and is not based on file
    descriptors. it was written at a much earlier age and is a straight
    X11 program that emulates the rio look and feel. it used to be called
    '9wm'.

    On Feb 7, 2008 7:52 AM, LluĂ*s Batlle wrote:
    > Isn't the plan9port rio exporting its windows through any fd?
    >
    > I use rio, but somehow I don't see any fd from it published at
    > `namespace`. Maybe that's normal.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > LluĂ*s.

  3. Re: [9fans] plan9port rio not serving any fs?

    > p9p rio doesn't use the Plan 9 file model and is not based on file
    > descriptors. it was written at a much earlier age and is a straight
    > X11 program that emulates the rio look and feel. it used to be called
    > '9wm'.

    in fact, 9wm is so old that it emulates 8½ back when ptys were really
    non-standard.

    ; sed 10q 9wm Version 1.1
    Copyright 1994 David Hogan.

    What is 9wm?

    9wm is an X window manager which attempts to emulate the Plan 9 window
    manager 8-1/2 as far as possible within the constraints imposed by X.

+ Reply to Thread