[9fans] cd ripper - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] cd ripper - Plan9 ; At Ron's request, I've whipped together a pair of rc scripts to do audio CD ripping. 'cdripper' will sit and watch your CD drive; when you insert a disc, it copies the audio tracks /tmp/cdtracks, gets the cddb info for ...

  1. [9fans] cd ripper

    At Ron's request, I've whipped together a pair of rc scripts to do
    audio CD ripping. 'cdripper' will sit and watch your CD drive; when
    you insert a disc, it copies the audio tracks /tmp/cdtracks, gets
    the cddb info for the disc, and calls cdprep. 'cdprep' then takes
    the output of cddb and encodes the audio tracks to mp3 files in
    /lib/music//
    The code is in /n/sources/contrib/john
    Send questions to me, complaints about inflexibility to /dev/null

    John

  2. Re: [9fans] cd ripper

    > At Ron's request, I've whipped together a pair of rc scripts to do
    > audio CD ripping. 'cdripper' will sit and watch your CD drive; when
    > you insert a disc, it copies the audio tracks /tmp/cdtracks, gets
    > the cddb info for the disc, and calls cdprep. 'cdprep' then takes
    > the output of cddb and encodes the audio tracks to mp3 files in
    > /lib/music//
    > The code is in /n/sources/contrib/john
    > Send questions to me, complaints about inflexibility to /dev/null
    >
    > John

    Ok, so I spoke too soon... now that I finally have sound working
    again I've tried playing some of the mp3's generated and found
    that they're just noise... I'll figure this out ASAP and get the
    fixed code up.

  3. Re: [9fans] cd ripper

    pcm samples byte swaped? ;-)

  4. Re: [9fans] cd ripper

    > pcm samples byte swaped? ;-)

    That seems to be the problem; using dd -conv swab seems to have
    fixed it. Updated cdprep is up.

    John

+ Reply to Thread