[9fans] OT: USB terminals - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] OT: USB terminals - Plan9 ; Anyone see this? http://www.ndiyo.org/systems/hubster With USB VGA adapters available (some built into new monitors), they walk the USB tree, associate the closest keyboard and mouse and call it a terminal. Kinda cool. Plan 9 could probably do one better and ...

  1. [9fans] OT: USB terminals

    Anyone see this?

    http://www.ndiyo.org/systems/hubster

    With USB VGA adapters available (some built into new monitors), they
    walk the USB tree, associate the closest keyboard and mouse and call
    it a terminal. Kinda cool. Plan 9 could probably do one better and
    add USB audio to the mix if the rest of the chain were supported.

    -J

  2. Re: [9fans] OT: USB terminals

    > http://www.ndiyo.org/systems/hubster

    ``Anyone who remembers what life was like before the USB standard came
    along will appreciate the transformation it has brought about.'' indeed.

  3. Re: [9fans] OT: USB terminals

    >> http://www.ndiyo.org/systems/hubster
    >
    > ``Anyone who remembers what life was like before the USB standard came
    > along will appreciate the transformation it has brought about.'' indeed.

    "Anyone who remembers what life was like before our evil overlords from the
    Andromeda galaxy arrived will appreciate the transformation they have brought
    about."

  4. Re: [9fans] OT: USB terminals

    > > ``Anyone who remembers what life was like before the USB standard came
    > > along will appreciate the transformation it has brought about.'' indeed.

    > "Anyone who remembers what life was like before our evil overlords from the
    > Andromeda galaxy arrived will appreciate the transformation they have brought
    > about."

    1999 called and wants its thread back. where's that bluetooth stack?

    ☺ erik

+ Reply to Thread