[9fans] $200 walmart PC - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] $200 walmart PC - Plan9 ; works like a champ. I yanked the drives out of the old K7-based box, dropped them into the walmart PC, after removing the 80G gOS drive, plugged it into the net, and was up in no time. So these are ...

  1. [9fans] $200 walmart PC

    works like a champ. I yanked the drives out of the old K7-based box,
    dropped them into the walmart PC, after removing the 80G gOS drive,
    plugged it into the net, and was up
    in no time.

    So these are really effective Plan 9 boxes. 512G memory feels so roomy!

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] $200 walmart PC

    On Feb 2, 2008 1:30 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > So these are really effective Plan 9 boxes. 512G memory feels so roomy!

    I'm thinking that 512G is pretty roomy at this time no matter how you
    shake it up. :-)

    - Dan C.

    (Who thinks that Ron meant to write 512M....)

  3. Re: [9fans] $200 walmart PC

    On Feb 2, 2008 11:06 AM, Dan Cross wrote:
    > On Feb 2, 2008 1:30 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > > So these are really effective Plan 9 boxes. 512G memory feels so roomy!

    > I'm thinking that 512G is pretty roomy at this time no matter how you
    > shake it up. :-)
    >
    > - Dan C.
    >
    > (Who thinks that Ron meant to write 512M....)

    Nah, I got a *very* *special* deal here. But you will probably only
    get the 1/2G deal.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread