[9fans] I like this one - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] I like this one - Plan9 ; new w/gcc 4.3: "- The |constructor| and |destructor| function attributes now accept optional priority arguments which control the order in which the constructor and destructor functions are run." woo hoo! Now is that signed? What's the precision? 32 bits? Or ...

  1. [9fans] I like this one

    new w/gcc 4.3:
    "- The |constructor| and |destructor| function attributes now accept
    optional priority arguments which control the order in which the
    constructor and destructor functions are run."

    woo hoo! Now is that signed? What's the precision? 32 bits? Or can it
    be floating point?

    "I want priority 5! you get 6, dammit!"

    "Just take 2pi as your priority. But I get e."

    Sorry, more flame bait, but this is just too funny.

    ron

  2. Re: [9fans] I like this one

    the optional argument is obviously a text description of the desired
    priority level (e.g., "superbad!", or "not in a big hurry, care for a
    spot of tea?") accompanied by an optional justification in 150 words
    or less.

    support for interpretive dance descriptions to follow in the next release

  3. Re: [9fans] I like this one

    I don't get it... But why would you control how constructors are run?

    On Jan 29, 2008, at 4:57 PM, andrey mirtchovski wrote:

    > the optional argument is obviously a text description of the desired
    > priority level (e.g., "superbad!", or "not in a big hurry, care for a
    > spot of tea?") accompanied by an optional justification in 150 words
    > or less.
    >
    > support for interpretive dance descriptions to follow in the next
    > release

+ Reply to Thread