[9fans] How to read/write pixels from Memimage - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] How to read/write pixels from Memimage - Plan9 ; > I get something that ends in "(double-free?)" and then the program > crashes, but something like This usually means you have freed the same pointer twice or you are passing a pointer to free that was not returned by ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: [9fans] pico

    > I get something that ends in "(double-free?)" and then the program
    > crashes, but something like

    This usually means you have freed the same pointer twice
    or you are passing a pointer to free that was not returned
    by malloc. If you run acid to get a stack trace to see the
    context of the free, that is often enough to identify the
    problem.

    % acid pid
    acid: stk()
    ^D
    %

    Russ

  2. Re: [9fans] pico

    In this case, it only told me where the program crashed, which told
    me nothing on why (because a different line or a color image worked).

    On Jan 29, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Russ Cox wrote:

    >> I get something that ends in "(double-free?)" and then the program
    >> crashes, but something like

    > This usually means you have freed the same pointer twice
    > or you are passing a pointer to free that was not returned
    > by malloc. If you run acid to get a stack trace to see the
    > context of the free, that is often enough to identify the
    > problem.
    >
    > % acid pid
    > acid: stk()
    > ^D
    > %
    >
    > Russ

  3. Re: [9fans] pico

    work it out. it's called debugging.

    brucee

    On Jan 30, 2008 12:13 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
    > In this case, it only told me where the program crashed, which told
    > me nothing on why (because a different line or a color image worked).
    >

    > On Jan 29, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Russ Cox wrote:
    >
    > >> I get something that ends in "(double-free?)" and then the program
    > >> crashes, but something like

    > > This usually means you have freed the same pointer twice
    > > or you are passing a pointer to free that was not returned
    > > by malloc. If you run acid to get a stack trace to see the
    > > context of the free, that is often enough to identify the
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > % acid pid
    > > acid: stk()
    > > ^D
    > > %
    > >
    > > Russ

  4. Re: [9fans] pico

    What do you think I've been doing? :-)

    The problem seems to be in run(), because after run() returns,
    poolcheck fails. I'll go check it out.

    On Jan 30, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Bruce Ellis wrote:

    > work it out. it's called debugging.
    >
    > brucee

  5. Re: [9fans] pico

    Well, I got the memory tampering bugs fixed, but a black and white
    image now does not show correctly. Gonna go back and check and fix.
    Will report when I put a new version up.

    On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:

    > What do you think I've been doing? :-)
    >
    > The problem seems to be in run(), because after run() returns,
    > poolcheck fails. I'll go check it out.
    >
    > On Jan 30, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    >
    >> work it out. it's called debugging.
    >>
    >> brucee

  6. Re: [9fans] pico

    more debugging, please tell us about it. yawn.

    On Jan 31, 2008 10:55 AM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:

    > Well, I got the memory tampering bugs fixed, but a black and white image now
    > does not show correctly. Gonna go back and check and fix. Will report when I
    > put a new version up.
    >

    > On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
    >
    > What do you think I've been doing? :-)
    >
    > The problem seems to be in run(), because after run() returns, poolcheck
    > fails. I'll go check it out.
    >
    > On Jan 30, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    >
    > work it out. it's called debugging.
    >
    > brucee

  7. Re: [9fans] pico

    Okay, I got everything fixed a few days ago and added some more
    features (simple arrays, r "long/file/name.1", etc.). The new pico is
    in the usual place.

    I'm redesigning my website, so I'm going to have my software
    available from there too when that's done.

    On Jan 31, 2008, at 2:41 AM, Bruce Ellis wrote:

    > more debugging, please tell us about it. yawn.
    >
    > On Jan 31, 2008 10:55 AM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
    >>
    >> Well, I got the memory tampering bugs fixed, but a black and white
    >> image now
    >> does not show correctly. Gonna go back and check and fix. Will
    >> report when I
    >> put a new version up.
    >>

    >> On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Pietro Gagliardi wrote:
    >>
    >> What do you think I've been doing? :-)
    >>
    >> The problem seems to be in run(), because after run() returns,
    >> poolcheck
    >> fails. I'll go check it out.
    >>
    >> On Jan 30, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Bruce Ellis wrote:
    >>
    >> work it out. it's called debugging.
    >>
    >> brucee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2