Question about acme and $acmeaddr - Plan9

This is a discussion on Question about acme and $acmeaddr - Plan9 ; Greetings, I have started to use acme and would like to know how to use the environment variable $acmeaddr. I have the following script: echo acmeaddr $acmeaddr '$*' $* If I B1 on the file name only (in a tag) ...

  1. Question about acme and $acmeaddr

    Greetings,

    I have started to use acme and would like to know how to use the
    environment variable $acmeaddr.
    I have the following script:

    echo acmeaddr $acmeaddr '$*' $*

    If I B1 on the file name only (in a tag) and the B2-1 on the script I get:

    acmeaddr $* nibsOam

    ie, $acmeaddr is empty. Is this as expected? The manual page says
    ''an environment variable $acmeaddr is created that holds, in the
    form interpreted by button 3, the fully-qualified address of
    the extra argument.''
    This made me expect at least something in $acmeaddr.

    Best Wishes,
    bengt
    --
    Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides

  2. Re: [9fans] Question about acme and $acmeaddr

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I have started to use acme and would like to know how to use the
    > environment variable $acmeaddr.
    > I have the following script:
    >
    > echo acmeaddr $acmeaddr '$*' $*
    >
    > If I B1 on the file name only (in a tag) and the B2-1 on the script I get:
    >
    > acmeaddr $* nibsOam
    >
    > ie, $acmeaddr is empty. Is this as expected? The manual page says
    > ''an environment variable $acmeaddr is created that holds, in the
    > form interpreted by button 3, the fully-qualified address of
    > the extra argument.''
    > This made me expect at least something in $acmeaddr.

    I think it's because you're clicking on something on the tag. How can
    it give a 'fully-qualified address' for text on the tag? You need
    to click/select something in the body.

+ Reply to Thread