Re: [9fans] dmamode - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] dmamode - Plan9 ; echo in cpurc. same for rwm......

  1. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    echo in cpurc. same for rwm...

  2. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    On Jan 10, 2008 10:16 AM, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > echo in cpurc. same for rwm...

    I hate changing cpurc, but maybe I'm too squeamish. Is that really the way?

    ron

  3. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    Me too. I put it in cpurc.local.

    Felipe.
    On 1/10/08, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 2008 10:16 AM, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > > echo in cpurc. same for rwm...
    > >

    > I hate changing cpurc, but maybe I'm too squeamish. Is that really the way?
    >
    > ron

  4. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    > Me too. I put it in cpurc.local.
    >
    > Felipe.
    > On 1/10/08, ron minnich wrote:
    >> On Jan 10, 2008 10:16 AM, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    >> > echo in cpurc. same for rwm...
    >> >

    >> I hate changing cpurc, but maybe I'm too squeamish. Is that really the way?
    >>
    >> ron

    I just dropped it into cpurc.local, but now I want to know--why
    do we maintain dmamode=ask in our plan9.ini's? Googling for
    dmamode seems to indicate that a lot of people have it, but I have
    never once been prompted for dma mode except in the installation.

    John

  5. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    > On Jan 10, 2008 10:16 AM, andrey mirtchovski wrote:
    > > echo in cpurc. same for rwm...
    > >

    > I hate changing cpurc, but maybe I'm too squeamish. Is that really the way?

    you've been unixed. ;-)

    - erik

  6. Re: [9fans] dmamode

    > I hate changing cpurc, but maybe I'm too squeamish. Is that really the way?

    i've always carried my config from way back, when such niceties as
    cpurc.local didn't exist and cpurc pretty much had to be edited to get
    a local cpu server up.

    i just put it in a if(test -w /dev/sdC?/ctl)

+ Reply to Thread