Hey guys,

I was also thinking a lot about this subject recently.
I would really love one file *tree* built from multiple file servers
as a general interface for all kind of text communication, feeds,
news.

I still can't see your goal.
>From your last messages it seems to me, as if you were trying to

integrate even some imap-server to access some other file server?
If you really only want to provide an interface for the mail clients
to access your filesystem, you should just write an imap server.

I hope you"re not planning to put too much functionality into one file server.

--
hiro