Re: [9fans] ata drive capabilities - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] ata drive capabilities - Plan9 ; > here's what we do useing ken's fs fs, not venti. > http://cm.bell-labs.com/iwp9/papers/23.disklessfs.pdf > Oh right -- I'd forgotten about the wireless link out to another building that is described in the above. Good enough against the small meteorite. :-) ...

  1. Re: [9fans] ata drive capabilities

    > here's what we do useing ken's fs fs, not venti.
    > http://cm.bell-labs.com/iwp9/papers/23.disklessfs.pdf

    Oh right -- I'd forgotten about the wireless link out to another
    building that is described in the above. Good enough against the
    small meteorite. :-)

    Viewed from a high enough level, I think I'm using venti and a backup
    fileserver in a broadly similar way, albeit less `live' and fully
    integrated.

    Thanks, Erik.

    --
    Josh

  2. Re: [9fans] ata drive capabilities

    > Oh right -- I'd forgotten about the wireless link out to another
    > building that is described in the above. Good enough against the
    > small meteorite. :-)

    This design is bit selfish on my part. I live only 2 miles from
    the office.

    Brantley

+ Reply to Thread