Re: [9fans] ipod + plan9 - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] ipod + plan9 - Plan9 ; >If it's a FAT-formatted (Windows =B230GB) one, >then use usbfat: (described in the usbfs man page). Actually it is described in usbdisk(4). But that's the only place I can find usbfat: -- I don't have it on local systems, and ...

  1. Re: [9fans] ipod + plan9

    >If it's a FAT-formatted (Windows =B230GB) one,
    >then use usbfat: (described in the usbfs man page).

    Actually it is described in usbdisk(4). But that's the only
    place I can find usbfat: -- I don't have it on local systems,
    and I don't find it in /n/sources/plan9/rc/bin or
    .../../386/bin/usb*.

    Do you have a /bin/usbfat:?

    --
    Josh

  2. Re: [9fans] ipod + plan9

    Hello,

    My system does not have "/bin/usbfat:"
    I thing "usbfat:" is not implemented yet.
    However, if iPod nano is formated in FAT,
    the following sequence might help you.

    term% usb/disk
    usb/disk: maxlun 0
    term% ls /n/disk
    /n/disk/0
    /n/disk/ctl
    term% ls /n/disk/0
    /n/disk/0/data
    /n/disk/0/raw
    term% disk/partfs /n/disk/0/data
    term% disk/fdisk -p /n/disk/0/data
    part dos 63 249887
    part dos1 249921 258048
    term% dossrv -f /n/disk/0/data:63 usbstorage
    dossrv: serving #s/usbstorage
    term% mount -c /srv/usbstorage /n/d:
    term% ls /n/d:
    /n/d:/.Trashes
    /n/d:/._.Trashes
    term%

    Kenji Arisawa

    On 2007/12/25, at 15:02, josh@utopian.net wrote:

    >> If it's a FAT-formatted (Windows =B230GB) one,
    >> then use usbfat: (described in the usbfs man page).

    > Actually it is described in usbdisk(4). But that's the only
    > place I can find usbfat: -- I don't have it on local systems,
    > and I don't find it in /n/sources/plan9/rc/bin or
    > ../../386/bin/usb*.
    >
    > Do you have a /bin/usbfat:?
    >
    > --
    > Josh

  3. Re: [9fans] ipod + plan9

    It twas just added. Update your systems (/usr/glenda/bin/rc/pull)
    along with some NVIDIA-related code.

    On Dec 25, 2007, at 1:02 AM, josh@utopian.net wrote:

    >> If it's a FAT-formatted (Windows =B230GB) one,
    >> then use usbfat: (described in the usbfs man page).

    > Actually it is described in usbdisk(4). But that's the only
    > place I can find usbfat: -- I don't have it on local systems,
    > and I don't find it in /n/sources/plan9/rc/bin or
    > ../../386/bin/usb*.
    >
    > Do you have a /bin/usbfat:?
    >
    > --
    > Josh