[9fans] Q (qemu on mac) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Q (qemu on mac) - Plan9 ; Hi, Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"? Thanks, -Steve...

  1. [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    Hi,

    Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
    under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
    tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?

    Thanks,

    -Steve

  2. Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    Shift+Right click
    On Dec 21, 2007, at 4:01 AM, Steve Simon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
    > under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
    > tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Steve

  3. Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    On Dec 21, 2007 10:01 AM, Steve Simon wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
    > under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
    > tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
    >
    > Thanks,

    There is a bug in Q anyway which means pressing one button
    of the mouse takes out others (so no chording). I have been wanting to
    fix it for
    some time but hadnīt have the time.

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  4. Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    > Shift+Right click

    sadly, though shift right-click works on plan9 running native on
    machines with a two button mouse, powerbooks have only one
    button so there is no "right" to click.

    the lone button generates a button 1 click, apple/control click is
    button 3 but I cannot work out how to generate button 2 (necessary
    for sam and rio); I don't use acme so the lack of mouse chording is
    less problem for me.

    -Steve

  5. Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    Then combine it to Shift+Command+Click. I use an iMac, so that's as
    much help as I can give.

    On Dec 22, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Steve Simon wrote:

    >> Shift+Right click

    > sadly, though shift right-click works on plan9 running native on
    > machines with a two button mouse, powerbooks have only one
    > button so there is no "right" to click.
    >
    > the lone button generates a button 1 click, apple/control click is
    > button 3 but I cannot work out how to generate button 2 (necessary
    > for sam and rio); I don't use acme so the lack of mouse chording is
    > less problem for me.
    >
    > -Steve

  6. Re: [9fans] Q (qemu on mac)

    On Dec 21, 2007 1:05 PM, Gorka Guardiola wrote:

    > On Dec 21, 2007 10:01 AM, Steve Simon wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Anyone discovered how to send a middle click to plan9 running
    > > under qemu on a PowerBook? Alternitively do people who do this
    > > tend to run drawterm and plan9 in Q "headless"?
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    > There is a bug in Q anyway which means pressing one button
    > of the mouse takes out others (so no chording). I have been wanting to
    > fix it for
    > some time but hadnīt have the time.

    I didnīt say, I plug in a mouse.

    --