Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem - Plan9 ; > Does webfs do the url parsing? or abaco before sending it to webfs, if so, maybe > the function can be fixed easily. I guess, my urlencode is broken, I'll fix it later thanks Federico G. Benavento --- /bin/fortune: ...

  1. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    > Does webfs do the url parsing? or abaco before sending it to webfs, if so, maybe
    > the function can be fixed easily.

    I guess, my urlencode is broken, I'll fix it later

    thanks

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    Even the simplest solution is bound to have something wrong with it.

  2. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    That is why somebody (cough) riped out the url parsing code from webfs
    and put it into a library, and then updated abaco to use that
    library... but we all know here code and effort duplication is good,
    so never mind.

    uriel

    On Dec 20, 2007 4:27 PM, Federico G. Benavento wrote:
    > > Does webfs do the url parsing? or abaco before sending it to webfs, if so, maybe
    > > the function can be fixed easily.

    > I guess, my urlencode is broken, I'll fix it later
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Federico G. Benavento
    >
    > ---
    > /bin/fortune:
    > Even the simplest solution is bound to have something wrong with it.

  3. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    On Dec 21, 2007 7:39 AM, Uriel wrote:

    > That is why somebody (cough) riped out the url parsing code from webfs
    > and put it into a library, and then updated abaco to use that
    > library... but we all know here code and effort duplication is good,
    > so never mind.
    >
    > uriel

    One could argue that to the extreme. I've already got windows? Why do I
    need another operating system? I should be happy with my windows, and just
    contribute to that community, that way, all my changes can be viewed and
    used by my fellow windows users.

    I mean, if you're going to be pedantic and silly about a concept, why not go
    all the way?

    Fragmentation of effort is bad in all cases, or it isn't bad in all cases.
    You can't have both categorically at the same time.

    Dave

  4. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    If you are looking for obnoxiousness and silliness devoid of any
    content I recommend you re-read what you just wrote.

    Or you could go and write yet another broken and useless url parsing
    implementation.

    uriel

    On Dec 21, 2007 11:35 AM, David Leimbach wrote:

    > On Dec 21, 2007 7:39 AM, Uriel wrote:
    > > That is why somebody (cough) riped out the url parsing code from webfs
    > > and put it into a library, and then updated abaco to use that
    > > library... but we all know here code and effort duplication is good,
    > > so never mind.
    > >
    > > uriel
    > >

    > One could argue that to the extreme. I've already got windows? Why do I
    > need another operating system? I should be happy with my windows, and just
    > contribute to that community, that way, all my changes can be viewed and
    > used by my fellow windows users.
    >
    > I mean, if you're going to be pedantic and silly about a concept, why not go
    > all the way?
    >
    > Fragmentation of effort is bad in all cases, or it isn't bad in all cases.
    > You can't have both categorically at the same time.
    >
    > Dave

  5. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    On Dec 21, 2007 4:43 PM, Uriel wrote:
    > If you are looking for obnoxiousness and silliness devoid of any
    > content I recommend you re-read what you just wrote.

    what a joy to hear such genuine expression of the Christmas spirit!

  6. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    On Dec 21, 2007 8:55 AM, roger peppe wrote:

    > On Dec 21, 2007 4:43 PM, Uriel wrote:
    > > If you are looking for obnoxiousness and silliness devoid of any
    > > content I recommend you re-read what you just wrote.

    > what a joy to hear such genuine expression of the Christmas spirit!

    Since this thread is now sarcastic... let me give it a go:

    Uriel, THANK YOU! Oh you're so right! I, and everyone else on this list,
    should totally always do exactly what you want. It is wrong of us to ignore
    your awesome contributions such as an URL parsing library.

    I can't believe how dumb people are to not see how valuable you truly are to
    us!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

  7. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    On Dec 22, 2007 2:08 AM, David Leimbach wrote:
    > Uriel, THANK YOU! Oh you're so right! I, and everyone else on this list,
    > should totally always do exactly what you want. It is wrong of us to ignore
    > your awesome contributions such as an URL parsing library.

    The implication that Uriel entertains delusions of granduer is
    baseless and ridiculous enough to shock me out of any intentions I
    might have had to continue the sarcasm chain.
    I hope your next comment on the issue comes after identifying
    something which is likely to be a problem in the future, spending some
    time and effort on fixing it (since no one else has yet), witnessing
    it bloom into a problem, finding that your work was entirely ignored,
    and not feeling the least bit frustrated.
    -sqweek

  8. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    On Dec 21, 2007 7:39 AM, Uriel wrote:
    > That is why somebody (cough) riped out the url parsing code from webfs
    > and put it into a library, and then updated abaco to use that
    > library... but we all know here code and effort duplication is good,
    > so never mind.

    I'm too slow. What on earth are you talking about? You mean, fix webfs
    to use some fixed parsing library? who fixed it in the first place?
    Works for me. So you're submitting a patch?

    ron

+ Reply to Thread