Abaco: url parsing problem - Plan9

This is a discussion on Abaco: url parsing problem - Plan9 ; Abaco complains about malformed URL if it contains "pipe" symbol: "|". Any suggestions about fix?...

  1. Abaco: url parsing problem

    Abaco complains about malformed URL if it contains "pipe" symbol: "|".
    Any suggestions about fix?

  2. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    > Abaco complains about malformed URL if it contains "pipe" symbol: "|".

    ok, I just tested it, webfs doesn't like '|' in urls

    http://www.google.com/hola|chau: parseurl: malformed absolute path: /hola|chau

    > Any suggestions about fix?

    yes, see /sys/src/cmd/webfs/url.c , there must be some wrong #define in Retab

    Federico G. Benavento

    ---
    /bin/fortune:
    /dev/rra13: !!counts may be wrong, RERUN chuck!

  3. Re: [9fans] Abaco: url parsing problem

    A possible workaround is to use the encoded chars for the "pipe" symbol.

    For example:

    http://www.google.com/hola%7Cchau

    --
    Fidonet: 2:345/432.2

  4. Re: Abaco: url parsing problem

    Yes, if I substitute manually pipe symbol with %7C in URL, Abaco
    takes this input as legitimate and it loads the corresponding page.
    Maybe it makes sense to put small runtime substitution routine in the
    Abaco code, so it will handle similar special characters as well.

    Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
    D.H.Davis@bath.ac.uk

+ Reply to Thread