[9fans] HP Laserjet over JetDirect - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] HP Laserjet over JetDirect - Plan9 ; I'm trying to print to a Laserjet 4700dtn from Plan 9. I can print to it from Linux using CUPS connecting to socket:// :9100 Does anyone have one of these or something similar? My line in /sys/lib/lp/devices looks like this: ...

  1. [9fans] HP Laserjet over JetDirect

    I'm trying to print to a Laserjet 4700dtn from Plan 9.
    I can print to it from Linux using CUPS connecting to
    socket://:9100
    Does anyone have one of these or something similar?
    My line in /sys/lib/lp/devices looks like this:
    hpson2 - plan9 tcp!hpson!9100 81920 post+600dpi generic generic generic generic tcppost FIFO

    where plan9 is the cpu server and hpson is the printer. There
    are probably problems with this, so if you have suggestions
    please let me know.

    John

  2. Re: [9fans] HP Laserjet over JetDirect

    > I'm trying to print to a Laserjet 4700dtn from Plan 9.
    > I can print to it from Linux using CUPS connecting to
    > socket://:9100
    > Does anyone have one of these or something similar?
    > My line in /sys/lib/lp/devices looks like this:
    > hpson2 - plan9 tcp!hpson!9100 81920 post+600dpi generic generic generic generic tcppost FIFO
    >
    > where plan9 is the cpu server and hpson is the printer. There
    > are probably problems with this, so if you have suggestions
    > please let me know.

    that looks correct to me. this is what we use for a 4400dtn (i think)

    printer whatever minooka.coraid.com tcp!pr2!9100 81920 post2+600dpi+duplex generic generic generic generic tcppost FIFO

    although it's really odd that we are using minooka.coraid.com and not minooka
    as the printer host.

    we have a similar hp printer that does not work with tcppost. i think the answer
    is that tcppost needs a rewrite, but that fell off my radar screen. i believe the
    problem is that that silly baud rate (last i checked, tcp has flow control). it's
    so slow that i was wondering if printers weren't getting bored and hanging up.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread