I just wanted to thank everyone for the recommendations for fanless
motherboards. I will have a great new year investigating these.

Here's the summary:

http://www.soekris.com/net5501.htm
This looks fab (and Geoff recomends it). I'm undecided
between this one and the ALIX.

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm
This looks great and appears to be readily available to
consumers (in the UK for example:
http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=180 ).

http://www.compulab.co.il/iglx/html/...-datasheet.htm
Due to shipping from Israel, this is a bit pricey. See also
http://www.fit-pc.com/ , which is Compulab selling the
http://www.compulab.co.il/iglx/html/...-datasheet.htm to
consumers.

VIA MS10000E
It was the VIAs that got me onto the fanless bandwagon in the
first place. But I have now had a string of bad experiences
(the DMA issue with the 5000, poor video and audio on a M9000,
but I do have one M10000 with a fan, that appears to be
alright). If I read the news correctly, VIA are getting out
of the board market and are concentrating on the chipsets
instead.

I also stumbled into the world of the PC/104 form factor (e.g.,
http://www.wordsworth.co.uk/ ), which looks very intriguing. But the
options are endless, and that makes deciding a bit hard.

Robby

--
email r.raschke instead of rrplan9