Has DMR retired? - Plan9

This is a discussion on Has DMR retired? - Plan9 ; Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the company name is) this month. I reverted the edit until we can obtain some reliable confirmation. Does anybody here know? ...

  1. Has DMR retired?

    Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert
    a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the
    company name is) this month. I reverted the edit until we can
    obtain some reliable confirmation. Does anybody here know?
    Thanks!

  2. Re: [9fans] Has DMR retired?

    Yes. There was a reception in his honor on October 5, I believe.

    -rob

    On Dec 17, 2007 9:03 PM, Douglas A. Gwyn wrote:
    > Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert
    > a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the
    > company name is) this month. I reverted the edit until we can
    > obtain some reliable confirmation. Does anybody here know?
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: [9fans] Has DMR retired?

    During his IWP9 talk he mentioned he had retired.

    uriel

    On Dec 17, 2007 5:03 AM, Douglas A. Gwyn wrote:
    > Somebody edited the Wikipedia article "Dennis Ritchie" to insert
    > a rumor that he retired from Bell Labs/Lucent (or whatever the
    > company name is) this month. I reverted the edit until we can
    > obtain some reliable confirmation. Does anybody here know?
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread