[9fans] A few photos of IWP9 2007 ... - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] A few photos of IWP9 2007 ... - Plan9 ; .... are at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/essella...7603397503752/ If anyone wants any of them deleted due to privacy or bad-hair-day issues, please email me off-list. DaveL...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. [9fans] A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    .... are at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/essella...7603397503752/

    If anyone wants any of them deleted due to privacy or bad-hair-day
    issues,
    please email me off-list.

    DaveL

  2. Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 7, 9:37 pm, dav...@mac.com wrote:
    > ... are at:http://www.flickr.com/photos/essella...7603397503752/
    >
    > If anyone wants any of them deleted due to privacy or bad-hair-day
    > issues,
    > please email me off-list.
    >
    > DaveL

    I would like to take a look at the paper called ¨UNIX and Beyond:
    Themes in Operating System Research¨, presented by Dennis M. Ritchie.
    It is missing.

  3. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    We didn't require papers for the invited talks, and `Unix and Beyond'
    was an invited talk.

  4. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    > We didn't require papers for the invited talks, and `Unix and Beyond'
    > was an invited talk.

    Let's hope Andrey and Lucho are able to put up the video instead

    --
    Anant

  5. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    > > We didn't require papers for the invited talks, and `Unix and Beyond'
    > > was an invited talk.

    > Let's hope Andrey and Lucho are able to put up the video instead

    In the mean time I also have some photos, including of that talk.
    I'm not entirely happy about them, but that's what I have.
    they may load slowly (around 150-200kB each, I think)

    http://picasaweb.google.com/axelpics...ey=HCND7clY6nA

    Axel.

  6. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    you're a good photographer, Axel! I really enjoyed these pictures.

    ron

  7. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    > you're a good photographer, Axel! I really enjoyed these pictures.

    thanks for the praise.
    and thanks to you all there for the photo opportunities.
    I really enjoyed shooting these pictures -- the camera and
    lenses still classify as 'a new toy' :-)
    I am sorry I did not think in time about group photos... :-/

    Axel.

  8. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    > you're a good photographer, Axel! I really enjoyed these pictures.

    I second that. Also thanks to everyone involved in making the
    videos.

  9. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 12, 2007 11:38 AM, wrote:
    > We didn't require papers for the invited talks, and `Unix and Beyond'
    > was an invited talk.

    A version of the PowerPoint slides can be found via Google.

    --Joel

  10. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    Joel C. Salomon wrote:
    > On Dec 12, 2007 11:38 AM, wrote:
    >> We didn't require papers for the invited talks, and `Unix and Beyond'
    >> was an invited talk.

    > A version of the PowerPoint slides can be found via Google.

    I found some old versions of it (circa 2003). A link to a newer version
    would be helpful.

  11. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 12, 2007 5:38 PM, Robert William Fuller
    wrote:
    > > A version of the PowerPoint slides [for dmr's talk] can be found via Google.

    > I found some old versions of it (circa 2003). A link to a newer version
    > would be helpful.

    Can someone at the Labs ask Dennis if he updated the slides at all for
    his talk? Something he said makes me think probably not.

    --Joel

  12. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    The slides I actually presented are now (thanks Geoff) at
    http://plan9.bell-labs.com/iwp9/dmr_iwp9.ppt
    The date has been updated, but otherwise they're the
    same as those I gave in Dec 2004 (which might have
    been tweaked since 2003).

    Dennis

  13. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 14:54 -0500, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
    > > you're a good photographer, Axel! I really enjoyed these pictures.

    > I second that. Also thanks to everyone involved in making the
    > videos.

    I apologize for the mee-too reply, but these videos literally
    saved me from sliding into depression when I realized that
    IWP9 took place in US and I had a very real chance of attending.
    I just blew it! :-(

    But thanks to all those who made them possible at least I don't
    have to bang my head against the wall as hard as I might have
    otherwise :-)

    Now, to get a headstart on IWP9 2008: what is the likeliest time
    and place for it so far?

    Thanks,
    Roman.

    P.S. For some idiotic reason I assumed the location
    to be Europe and I told myself that even if I wanted to go
    that would be too much of a paperwork hassle.

  14. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    I am pushing for IWP9 to be in sonoma, where people will vie for the
    privelege of giving you fine wines and foods; or cancun, which is ok
    except it's not california.

    Nemo wants it in the greek island of incognita. There have been very
    few tourists taken hostage there in the last month, as compared to the
    previous 23 months, and nemo says it is perfectly safe, as long as
    there are fewer hurricanes than there usually are.

    ron

  15. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    I vote for Sydney!

    On 14 Dec 2007, at 00:27, ron minnich wrote:

    > I am pushing for IWP9 to be in sonoma, where people will vie for the
    > privelege of giving you fine wines and foods; or cancun, which is ok
    > except it's not california.
    >
    > Nemo wants it in the greek island of incognita. There have been very
    > few tourists taken hostage there in the last month, as compared to the
    > previous 23 months, and nemo says it is perfectly safe, as long as
    > there are fewer hurricanes than there usually are.
    >
    > ron

  16. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    I got a good offer from the Touristic Agency of Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan...

    --Joel

  17. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    We asked the 9fan we know at Greece and it seems that perhaps
    october in greece is an option, should we want to have it hosted there.

    On Dec 14, 2007 1:27 AM, ron minnich wrote:
    > I am pushing for IWP9 to be in sonoma, where people will vie for the
    > privelege of giving you fine wines and foods; or cancun, which is ok
    > except it's not california.
    >
    > Nemo wants it in the greek island of incognita. There have been very
    > few tourists taken hostage there in the last month, as compared to the
    > previous 23 months, and nemo says it is perfectly safe, as long as
    > there are fewer hurricanes than there usually are.
    >
    > ron

  18. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 14, 2007 1:27 AM, ron minnich wrote:
    > I am pushing for IWP9 to be in sonoma, where people will vie for the
    > privelege of giving you fine wines and foods; or cancun, which is ok
    > except it's not california.

    Yeah, in Cancún in the hurricane season everything is ok. Well... except
    for the hurricanes. Luckily in Sonoma there is only earthquakes.

    > Nemo wants it in the greek island of incognita. There have been very
    > few tourists taken hostage there in the last month, as compared to the
    > previous 23 months, and nemo says it is perfectly safe, as long as
    > there are fewer hurricanes than there usually are.

    You are confused. We are talking about Greece (the country),
    not the greek neighborhood of your city. No hostages in Greece
    for a while. The last important hostage problem was Helen,
    and there was a war, but that was a while ago.

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  19. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 14, 2007 12:41 AM, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
    > We asked the 9fan we know at Greece and it seems that perhaps
    > october in greece is an option, should we want to have it hosted there.

    What organization is there to handle arrangements? This kind of thing
    is a lot of work. Is there a hotel that can support us?

    Where in Greece are you looking? This may sound crazy but it's not too
    early to start planning.

    thanks

    ron

  20. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    There's a 9fan at university of thesaly, at volos.
    He's willing to help.
    Another option would be to do it at an island, but this
    requires hiring a room for the meeting at a hotel and this
    means there'd have to be a registration fee.

    On Dec 14, 2007 5:09 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 2007 12:41 AM, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
    > > We asked the 9fan we know at Greece and it seems that perhaps
    > > october in greece is an option, should we want to have it hosted there.

    > What organization is there to handle arrangements? This kind of thing
    > is a lot of work. Is there a hotel that can support us?
    >
    > Where in Greece are you looking? This may sound crazy but it's not too
    > early to start planning.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > ron

+ Reply to Thread