[9fans] A few photos of IWP9 2007 ... - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] A few photos of IWP9 2007 ... - Plan9 ; On Dec 14, 2007 5:09 PM, ron minnich wrote: > On Dec 14, 2007 12:41 AM, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote: > > We asked the 9fan we know at Greece and it seems that perhaps > > october in greece ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 14, 2007 5:09 PM, ron minnich wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 2007 12:41 AM, Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:
    > > We asked the 9fan we know at Greece and it seems that perhaps
    > > october in greece is an option, should we want to have it hosted there.

    We are talking about volos:

    http://www.greeka.com/thessaly/pelion/greece-volos.htm

    > What organization is there to handle arrangements? This kind of thing
    > is a lot of work. Is there a hotel that can support us?

    A University. And we (as in nemo, quique and me) would help with
    the organization.

    > Where in Greece are you looking? This may sound crazy but it's not too
    > early to start planning.

    No, it is not too early.

    --
    - curiosity sKilled the cat

  2. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    >> I am pushing for IWP9 to be in sonoma, where people will vie for the
    >> privelege of giving you fine wines and foods; or cancun, which is ok
    >> except it's not california.

    > Yeah, in CancĂșn in the hurricane season everything is ok. Well... except
    > for the hurricanes. Luckily in Sonoma there is only earthquakes.

    but with the exchange rate for USD, attendees from other parts of the
    world could bring their families and send them to disney land for a week
    for about 10 euros i think

  3. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On 2007-Dec-14, at 08:34 , Francisco J Ballesteros wrote:

    > Another option would be to do it at an island, but this
    > requires hiring a room for the meeting at a hotel and this
    > means there'd have to be a registration fee.

    Or find a spot with a reasonable hostel or two nearby? I don't think
    we're the type of crowd that requires 5-star hotels. (I don't, anyway,
    and what I save on the hotel would likely cover my airfare.) Naturally
    this assumes we can hijack meeting space from a university or other
    donor, which rules out the islands I assume.

    --lyndon

  4. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    > Another option would be to do it at an island, but this
    > requires hiring a room for the meeting at a hotel and this
    > means there'd have to be a registration fee.

    Given travel costs, an extra $50 would be noise (though I
    would support a two-tier structure like $50 for students
    and $100 for non-).

    But the first week of December will continue to be impossible
    for me. First week of *October*, though...

    Dave Eckhardt

  5. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    I'd like to vote for October too. December is dangerously close to
    finals/thesis deadlines for a lot of students.

    Noah

    On Dec 16, 2007 11:01 AM, Dave Eckhardt wrote:
    > > Another option would be to do it at an island, but this
    > > requires hiring a room for the meeting at a hotel and this
    > > means there'd have to be a registration fee.

    > Given travel costs, an extra $50 would be noise (though I
    > would support a two-tier structure like $50 for students
    > and $100 for non-).
    >
    > But the first week of December will continue to be impossible
    > for me. First week of *October*, though...
    >
    > Dave Eckhardt

  6. Re: [9fans] Re: A few photos of IWP9 2007 ...

    On Dec 15, 2007 8:22 PM, Noah Evans wrote:
    > I'd like to vote for October too. December is dangerously close to
    > finals/thesis deadlines for a lot of students.

    me too. Dec. is too cold in this hemisphere.

    ron

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2