[9fans] (no subject) - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] (no subject) - Plan9 ; Subject devsegment #g doesn't seem to work. is this a relic predating the segattach system call? - erik...

  1. [9fans] (no subject)

    Subject devsegment #g

    doesn't seem to work. is this a relic predating the segattach
    system call?

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] devsegment #g

    It's optional; you need to add

    segment

    in the `dev' section of your kernel configuration.
    It has worked when I've used it.

  3. Re: [9fans] devsegment #g

    > It's optional; you need to add
    >
    > segment
    >
    > in the `dev' section of your kernel configuration.
    > It has worked when I've used it.

    obviously. but it doesn't seem to work.

    ; ls '#g'
    ; ls -ld '#g'
    d-r-xr-xr-x g 0 quanstro quanstro 0 Nov 15 14:58 '#g'

    this is on a terminal with an nvidia card. aux/vga did work.
    (such as it does with my video card.) therefore there must be
    a nvidiammio segment.

    - erik

  4. Re: [9fans] devsegment #g

    I think you're seeing normal behaviour. #g shows the segments created
    via #g:

    devi# cd '#g'
    devi# ls -l
    devi# mkdir a b
    devi# ls -l
    d-rwxrwxrwx g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 a
    d-rwxrwxrwx g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 b
    devi# ls -l ?
    --rw-rw---- g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 a/ctl
    --rw-rw---- g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 a/data
    --rw-rw---- g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 b/ctl
    --rw-rw---- g 0 bootes bootes 0 Nov 15 23:18 b/data

  5. Re: [9fans] devsegment #g

    you're right. why is there a seperate namespace for #g and segattach?

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread