> That would make sense if NetBSD had private namespaces and 9P support.

I think this is fixable without enormous effort if you are willing
to let the BSD applications lose most of the benefits of having
plan9 around. The way ABI emulation works you need to intercept
system calls in any case and, as I noted before, the emulators NetBSD
already has catch calls to open and show them a modified hierarchy.
It would not be too difficult to make that modified hierarchy
potentially different for each process. What you lose is that only
plan9 applications would get the benefits of private name spaces,
not native applications. Still, you would get something a lot better
than running plan9 under qemu in a virtual terminal, which is what
I find myself doing a lot lately.

--
John Stalker
School of Mathematics