[9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program - Plan9 ; Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose() system. The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk command line) for ...

  1. [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was
    wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose() system.
    The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk
    command line) for piping to rc. Thanks.

  2. Re: [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    > Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was
    > wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose() system.
    > The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk
    > command line) for piping to rc. Thanks.

    i recall Geoff wrote a version for a Rangboom component.
    i''ll find it and put it on sources.

  3. Re: [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    >> Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was
    >> wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose() system.
    >> The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk
    >> command line) for piping to rc. Thanks.

    > i recall Geoff wrote a version for a Rangboom component.
    > i''ll find it and put it on sources.

    /n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c

  4. Re: [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    >>> Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was
    >>> wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose() system.
    >>> The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk
    >>> command line) for piping to rc. Thanks.

    >> i recall Geoff wrote a version for a Rangboom component.
    >> i''ll find it and put it on sources.

    > /n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c

    can't open /n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c: '/n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c' permission denied

    - erik

  5. Re: [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    > can't open /n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c: '/n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c' permission denied

    fixed. thanks.

  6. Re: [9fans] Instituting a pipe in my program

    Thanks for the info. I just realized I made cut wrong, and I don't
    want to go through the pressure of retrofitting the right way on, so
    I'll just start over later.

    On Nov 11, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

    >>> Hello. I'm writing a Plan 9 version of the UNX cut utility and I was
    >>> wondering if there was an alternative to the popen()/pclose()
    >>> system.
    >>> The reason is that my cut synthesizes the command line (an awk
    >>> command line) for piping to rc. Thanks.

    >> i recall Geoff wrote a version for a Rangboom component.
    >> i''ll find it and put it on sources.

    > /n/sources/contrib/fst/popen.c

+ Reply to Thread