Re: [9fans] QEMU question - Plan9

This is a discussion on Re: [9fans] QEMU question - Plan9 ; >>> Note that there are, in fact, two *nbiosload=1 lines and two >>> *noahciload=1 lines. >> >> why? >> >> - erik >> > > That's the same question I'm asking :-) you can delete the extra copies. you may ...

  1. Re: [9fans] QEMU question

    >>> Note that there are, in fact, two *nbiosload=1 lines and two
    >>> *noahciload=1 lines.

    >> why?
    >>
    >> - erik
    >>

    > That's the same question I'm asking :-)

    you can delete the extra copies. you may also delete the
    blank lines.

    - erik

  2. Re: [9fans] QEMU question

    But what does this boot menu mean? I saw it yesterday after making new
    instalation of Plan9 with fresh install CD.
    It looks like a menu, but in plan9.ini isn't any [menu] section.
    Is it some new feature? Any doc?

    Antonin

    On Nov 10, 2007 2:28 AM, erik quanstrom wrote:

    > >> why?
    > >>
    > >> - erik
    > >>

    > > That's the same question I'm asking :-)

    > you can delete the extra copies. you may also delete the
    > blank lines.
    >
    > - erik

  3. Re: [9fans] QEMU question

    > But what does this boot menu mean? I saw it yesterday after making new
    > instalation of Plan9 with fresh install CD.
    > It looks like a menu, but in plan9.ini isn't any [menu] section.
    > Is it some new feature? Any doc?
    >
    > Antonin

    plan9.ini(8) drives what 9load does. if a menu is printed,
    the data for the menu is in it.

    - erik

  4. Re: [9fans] QEMU question

    >> But what does this boot menu mean? I saw it yesterday after making new
    >> instalation of Plan9 with fresh install CD.
    >> It looks like a menu, but in plan9.ini isn't any [menu] section.
    >> Is it some new feature? Any doc?
    >>
    >> Antonin

    > plan9.ini(8) drives what 9load does. if a menu is printed,
    > the data for the menu is in it.

    I could have sworn I read in the man pages for plan9.ini that multiple
    bootargs cause a menu to be displayed by 9load. I can't seem to find
    it now...

    ++L

  5. Re: [9fans] QEMU question

    >>> instalation of Plan9 with fresh install CD.
    >>> It looks like a menu, but in plan9.ini isn't any [menu] section.
    >>> Is it some new feature? Any doc?
    >>>
    >>> Antonin

    >> plan9.ini(8) drives what 9load does. if a menu is printed,
    >> the data for the menu is in it.
    >>

    > I could have sworn I read in the man pages for plan9.ini that multiple
    > bootargs cause a menu to be displayed by 9load. I can't seem to find
    > it now...
    >
    > ++L

    i'd forgotten about that. if a var is multiply defined, you do get a
    different menu. cf. /sys/src/boot/pc/conf.c:/^getconf. i don't know
    that i've ever used this.

    i was thinking of the normal boot menus.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread