[9fans] upas/fs setup gmail and plan9port - Plan9

This is a discussion on [9fans] upas/fs setup gmail and plan9port - Plan9 ; Hi all I was wondering what are the differences between the upas p9p in contrib? I would like to setup my gmail account through p9p. I read a few email back that upas in p9p was "buggered" is it ok ...

  1. [9fans] upas/fs setup gmail and plan9port

    Hi all

    I was wondering what are the differences between the upas p9p in contrib?
    I would like to setup my gmail account through p9p. I read a few email
    back that upas in p9p was "buggered" is it ok now?

    Without my cpu server I am forced to use my linux laptop for some of my
    work. I am trying to offload some of stuff I do from linux to p9p. Right
    now I only use page to read pdf files. I would like to use the email
    stuff also.

    regards
    Fernan

  2. Re: [9fans] upas/fs setup gmail and plan9port

    > was wondering what are the differences between the upas p9p in contrib?
    > I would like to setup my gmail account through p9p. I read a few email
    > back that upas in p9p was "buggered" is it ok now?
    >
    > Without my cpu server I am forced to use my linux laptop for some of my
    > work. I am trying to offload some of stuff I do from linux to p9p. Right
    > now I only use page to read pdf files. I would like to use the email
    > stuff also.

    if you're talking about my version of upas, it's quite different than the
    one included in p9p.

    in p9p upas/fs (or nfs?) is a new program. it supports imap4 and
    presents a little different file structure. this means changes in
    faces and other programs. the one in my contrib is the
    same upas/fs from plan 9 with the addition of maildir support.

    my upas stuff did work for me two years ago. i used imap4 and
    maildir mailboxes.

    - erik

+ Reply to Thread