IE7 Favorites Folder on PGP - PGP

This is a discussion on IE7 Favorites Folder on PGP - PGP ; I use Vista, IE7 and PGP 9.6.3. I have created a PGPdisk on my hard drive called personal and wish to locate the IE7 Favorites folder in \personal\Favorites, the reason being to encrypt the favorites folder so that it is ...

  1. IE7 Favorites Folder on PGP

    I use Vista, IE7 and PGP 9.6.3. I have created a PGPdisk on my hard
    drive called personal and wish to locate the IE7 Favorites folder in
    \personal\Favorites, the reason being to encrypt the favorites folder
    so that it is password protected, just in case someone steals my
    laptop.

    I have changed the following two settings to c:\personal\Favorites;

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell
    Folders

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
    Shell Folders

    But it doesn't work, I can't add new pages to Favorites or import an
    existing bookmark html file to c:\personal\Favorites. However it will
    allow me to Organize favorites and add new folders, but not to add
    individual webpages to the favorites.

    Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

  2. Re: IE7 Favorites Folder on PGP

    On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:32:41 +0100, white@light.nospam wrote:

    >I use Vista, IE7 and PGP 9.6.3. I have created a PGPdisk on my hard
    >drive called personal and wish to locate the IE7 Favorites folder in
    >\personal\Favorites, the reason being to encrypt the favorites folder
    >so that it is password protected, just in case someone steals my
    >laptop.
    >
    >I have changed the following two settings to c:\personal\Favorites;
    >
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell
    >Folders
    >
    >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
    >Shell Folders
    >
    >But it doesn't work, I can't add new pages to Favorites or import an
    >existing bookmark html file to c:\personal\Favorites. However it will
    >allow me to Organize favorites and add new folders, but not to add
    >individual webpages to the favorites.
    >
    >Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.

    Please forget this post. It works fine now.

+ Reply to Thread