PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.0.1.1 [completely rewritten] released - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.0.1.1 [completely rewritten] released - PGP ; Version 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007 (30.06.2007): - This version provides a completely rewritten extension with lots of fixes and optimizations including a new installer. You may especially note some user interface changes and PGP/MIME resp. S/MIME related display enhancements and maybe ...

  1. PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.0.1.1 [completely rewritten] released

    Version 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007 (30.06.2007):

    - This version provides a completely rewritten extension with lots of fixes
    and optimizations including a new installer. You may especially note some
    user interface changes and PGP/MIME resp. S/MIME related display
    enhancements and maybe some faster processing. On the other hand you may
    notice that some features won't work (properly) with Windows versions prior
    to XP or older Pegasus Mail versions, mainly v3.x: Some issues can be fixed
    by downloading and installing the modules listed in the v5.1 section below,
    but the character set support provided by Pegasus Mail's WPM-LMTT.RSC has
    been removed for reducing the program's complexity (and isn't required
    anymore since Pegasus Mail 4.3 anyway). As this version has only been tested
    by a few people so far it may still contain some bugs, but it shouldn't
    break any really important features. Please don't hesitate to contact me if
    you encounter serious problems.

    - NB: The non-English setups always contain the English resources as well,
    the French version currently still lacks a translated help manual (and does
    not work with Pegasus Mail v3).

    - PS: The Pegasus Mail shutdown delay is back: While I still don't know what
    exactly causes it I got the impression that the faster shutdown of the
    previous version was due to some kind of "silent crash". Sorry ...

    Download from:

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  2. Re: PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.0.1.1 [completely rewritten] released

    Michael in der Wiesche wrote:

    > Version 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007

    Version: idw's PGP-Frontend 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007 (+ PGP 6.5.8)
    Charset: US-ASCII

    Hello,

    Previous versions did not "Encrypt to Self".
    How can that function be returned?

    Pegasus "Copies to Self" are always cleartext.

    Why is "Charset" comment included?

    Thank you.

    --
    url=http://guysalias.fateback.com/pgpkeys.txt

  3. Re: PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.0.1.1 [completely rewritten] released

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:19:34 -0500, Guy
    wrote:

    > Michael in der Wiesche wrote:
    >
    > > Version 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007

    > Version: idw's PGP-Frontend 6.0.1.1 / 6-2007 (+ PGP 6.5.8)
    > Charset: US-ASCII
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > Previous versions did not "Encrypt to Self".

    It *always* did, I haven't changed this, and it's mentioned in the help
    manual ever since, if you don't believe me take a look at

    > How can that function be returned?
    >
    > Pegasus "Copies to Self" are always cleartext.

    See the link above as well, Pegasus Mail doesn't support this (it may have
    worked in 3.x or previous versions, I don't remember).

    > Why is "Charset" comment included?

    Because most people in the world don't speak English: Encypted text is
    armored which causes email clients to add a MIME charset header claiming the
    text to be "US-ASCII" which may not be correct for the decrypted text and
    result in it becoming unreadable (this happened after Pegasus Mail started
    to use "libiconv" recently: 8bit characters simply "disappeared" until I
    started working around this). PGP itself re-introduced this feature in it's
    9.5.x versions, if I remember correctly it already existed in the
    pre-Windows era (2.6.x versions). For more details see
    .

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B