Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers - PGP

This is a discussion on Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers - PGP ; Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers. I am setting up my new computer and need to know where to go to get a Free Download for PGP for ...

  1. Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers

    Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers

    Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers. I am setting up my
    new computer and need to know where to go to get a Free Download for PGP
    for general use on my computer and Remailer usage. Thank you

  2. Re: Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers

    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:

    > Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers
    >
    > Looking for Free PGP download to use for remailers. I am setting up my
    > new computer and need to know where to go to get a Free Download for PGP
    > for general use on my computer and Remailer usage. Thank you

    There's always GnuPG. GPG itself is command-line-only but there's several
    good Windows front ends to be had. There's also the GPG4Win project which
    bundles GnuPG with a selection of supporting software and a couple
    "handbooks", in a nice-n-easy installer.

    http://www.gnupg.org
    http://www.gpg4win.org/

    PGP 6.5.8 CKT is still available at Zedz.

    ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/pgp/pgp60/pgp658_ckt/

    The "DOS" versioin of pgp2.6.3i can be found here.

    http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgp/ver...re/dos/2.6.3i/

    PGP Inc. offers a "30 day trial" version (Really PGP v8.something) that
    after expiration no longer allows use of PGPDisk. En/decrypt and all
    the digital signature functions still work however, and as I understand
    it using them is "perfectly legal".

    http://www.pgp.com/downloads/index.html
    http://www.pgp.com/downloads/desktoptrial2.php

    Of all the choices recommend GnuPG. It's open source, completely free and
    legal to use without question, well tested, and backwards compatible with
    older versions of PGP/GnuPG while still offering functionality that goes
    above and beyond what PGP offers (save for the disk encryption which you
    have to pay for and can get elsewhere anyway).

    As far as remailer use goes it's compatible as long as you don't generate
    some of the more "advanced" types of keys GnuPG can generate. PGP really
    doesn't come into play all that much for remailer usage anyway, unless
    you're using Type I remailers. And the only reason for using those would
    be for Nymservers and "reply blocks". The Type II or "Mixmaster" network
    uses encryption that's handled by the Mixmaster software itself.

+ Reply to Thread