Share SSL and GPG keys - PGP

This is a discussion on Share SSL and GPG keys - PGP ; Hi. We have a client who wants to sign web pages using GPG, even when we're using SSL already. Right now we're using separate keys for both tasks, but I think the same RSA keys can be used (I know ...

  1. Share SSL and GPG keys

    Hi. We have a client who wants to sign web pages using GPG, even when
    we're using SSL already. Right now we're using separate keys for both
    tasks, but I think the same RSA keys can be used (I know some sites
    that do that, but don't know how). The SSL certificate is already
    signed, so it can't be modified. I have private and public keys from
    the SSL certificate in ASCII format.

    This is what I've tried so far: I unencrypted the private key (RSA) of
    the SSL certificate (it was DES-encrypted). I replaced the OpenSSL
    headers with the GPG ones (i.e., -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
    replaced with -----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----, and such). I
    calculated the checksum of the RSA key and put it on the last line of
    the key.

    It didn't work. The software I'm using (Cryptix Java libraries)
    complains that the key has an "invalid packet type" when it reads the
    private key.

    How can I use the SSL RSA key for GPG signing?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Share SSL and GPG keys

    diego.manilla wrote:

    > How can I use the SSL RSA key for GPG signing?

    Look in alt.security.pgp where you posted the same query.

    --
    url=http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt

+ Reply to Thread