Recommendation for inexpensive encryption software - PGP

This is a discussion on Recommendation for inexpensive encryption software - PGP ; Hi, I'm hoping to get a recommendation for inexpensive encryption software that I can run on our Microsoft network. I have come across a lot of utilities, however I need: 1) the ability to schedule encryption in particular folders 2) ...

  1. Recommendation for inexpensive encryption software

    Hi,

    I'm hoping to get a recommendation for inexpensive encryption software
    that I can run on our Microsoft network.

    I have come across a lot of utilities, however I need:

    1) the ability to schedule encryption in particular folders

    2) Have a "watch folder" function. Where any files that appear in a
    particular directory are automatically encrypted.

    Has anyone come across software that is both useful and also
    relatively inexpensive?

    Thanks in advance.
    Fergus

  2. Re: Recommendation for inexpensive encryption software

    "Fergus" writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm hoping to get a recommendation for inexpensive encryption software
    > that I can run on our Microsoft network.
    >
    > I have come across a lot of utilities, however I need:
    >
    > 1) the ability to schedule encryption in particular folders
    >
    > 2) Have a "watch folder" function. Where any files that appear in a
    > particular directory are automatically encrypted.
    >
    > Has anyone come across software that is both useful and also
    > relatively inexpensive?

    Cygwin.com's packages includes cron and gpg can do what you want for
    free.

    Or windows scheduler and a standalone gpg binary can combine to do the
    same.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/