Intro to PGP - PGP

This is a discussion on Intro to PGP - PGP ; Hello, I'm new to encryption, and was wondering, what resources can I use to learn more about the whole subject? Any contributions would help, thanks....

  1. Intro to PGP

    Hello, I'm new to encryption, and was wondering, what resources can I use
    to learn more about the whole subject? Any contributions would help,
    thanks.

  2. Re: Intro to PGP

  3. Re: Intro to PGP

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:30:47 +0000, Neil W Rickert wrote:

    > James Martin writes:
    >
    >>Hello, I'm new to encryption, and was wondering, what resources can I
    >>use to learn more about the whole subject? Any contributions would help,
    >>thanks.

    > I think you can still find PGP-6.5.8 freeware versions on the net. This
    > includes a .pdf file for a book on encryption and PGP.
    >
    > If you have access to unix, I would download the unix or linux version,
    > because you can easily unpack it without having to run an installer
    > program. All you need is tar and gunzip. If you only want the pdf
    > file, it won't matter if the version you download matches your system.

    I use Ubuntu Linux. And SuSE. And Fedora 5. And Knoppix.

    I'm well acquainted with Linux, which is, to my understanding (please
    don't get angry at me saying this) basically Unix and then some. I'm just
    looking for info on how I can use encryption in my everyday uses, and I
    would also like a stepping stone into the world of cryptology.

    I'll look for that PDF file right now.

+ Reply to Thread