Keyservers, a problem - PGP

This is a discussion on Keyservers, a problem - PGP ; Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2 I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it seems that thing are not working since not a single server is responding. ...

  1. Keyservers, a problem

    Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2
    I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it
    seems that thing are not working since not a single server is
    responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    Thanking you.

    --
    Gianmaria

  2. Re: Keyservers, a problem

    Here's a couple of:

    On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:04:56 +0100, Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino
    wrote:

    > Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2
    > I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it
    > seems that thing are not working since not a single server is
    > responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    > Thanking you.

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  3. Re: Keyservers, a problem

    On 09 Feb 2006 17:11:45 +0100, Michael in der Wiesche wrote:

    >Here's a couple of:
    >
    >On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:04:56 +0100, Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2
    >> I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it
    >> seems that thing are not working since not a single server is
    >> responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    >> Thanking you.
    >>

    > Michael
    >--
    >PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    >PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

    http://pgp.mit.edu
    http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
    http://subkeys.pgp.net
    http://keyserver.noreply.org

    If you are using multiple subkeys, steer clear of older servers like
    pgp.mit.edu running pks. The code is too old (2003 vintage) to handle
    multiple subkeys. Servers like sks.keyserver.penguin.de and
    keyserver.noreply.org running SKS are more compliant with RFC2440.
    Everyone knows pgp.mit.edu - I wish they would upgrade to SKS.

    Good luck.

  4. Re: Keyservers, a problem

    Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino wrote:
    > Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2
    > I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it
    > seems that thing are not working since not a single server is
    > responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    > Thanking you.

    See my . Note the dates
    when each was last tested. Some were tested less than three months ago.

    --

    David E. Ross

    Concerned about someone (e.g., Pres. Bush) snooping
    into your E-mail? Use PGP.
    See my

  5. Re: Keyservers, a problem

    In article , gfds@nospam.org
    the "one & only" Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino says...
    > Hi, for several reasons I still use PGP 6.5.8 on XP pro SP2
    > I have an old list of keyservers on the PGPkeys' server page but it
    > seems that thing are not working since not a single server is
    > responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    > Thanking you.

    I too use this version, and on the same operation system but haven't had
    any problems with the keyservers. I know they are working as some of
    them will show updated friend's keys, and allow me to update my details.

  6. Re: Keyservers, a problem

    Pauline Roberts schrieb am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 12:58:

    > In article , gfds@nospam.org
    > the "one & only" Gianmaria Fontana di Sacculmino says...
    >> responding. Could you tell me some key server still in operation?
    >> Thanking you.

    http://pgp.mit.edu/ is still working (at least until yesterday).
    HTH!
    Rolf

    --
    PGP Public Key für "Rolf Muth (inet)" auf http://pgp.mit.edu/
    Ich bevorzuge Textmail! HTML-Mail lese ich nur selten!

  7. Re: Keyservers, a problem

+ Reply to Thread