MAC PGP 9.04 and the clipboard - PGP

This is a discussion on MAC PGP 9.04 and the clipboard - PGP ; I have a question about decrypting/verifying from the clipboard. If I verify a post from someone on this newsgroup, the first time I get a message saying who that person is. After that I don't get any message at all. ...

  1. MAC PGP 9.04 and the clipboard

    I have a question about decrypting/verifying from the clipboard. If I verify
    a post from someone on this newsgroup, the first time I get a message saying
    who that person is. After that I don't get any message at all. Shouldn't I
    get something that tells me it is a valid key? To at least let me know it
    worked?

    thanks
    Hud

  2. Re: MAC PGP 9.04 and the clipboard

    In article , Nemo
    wrote:

    > I have a question about decrypting/verifying from the clipboard. If I verify
    > a post from someone on this newsgroup, the first time I get a message saying
    > who that person is. After that I don't get any message at all. Shouldn't I
    > get something that tells me it is a valid key? To at least let me know it
    > worked?

    I think you can see the result in the clipboard via finder.
    In my limited experience, whether a PGP alert box appears, and whether
    it is hidden behind all other windows is all a bit random.

    --
    To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
    PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

  3. Re: MAC PGP 9.04 and the clipboard

    On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 05:07:38 -0600, Elliott Roper wrote
    (in article <230120061107388186%nospam@yrl.co.uk>):

    > In article , Nemo
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have a question about decrypting/verifying from the clipboard. If I
    >> verify
    >> a post from someone on this newsgroup, the first time I get a message
    >> saying
    >> who that person is. After that I don't get any message at all. Shouldn't I
    >> get something that tells me it is a valid key? To at least let me know it
    >> worked?

    > I think you can see the result in the clipboard via finder.
    > In my limited experience, whether a PGP alert box appears, and whether
    > it is hidden behind all other windows is all a bit random.

    Thank you. I have to say that is really bizzare. I would expect that from a
    freeware program and not something I paid $100 for.

    Hud

+ Reply to Thread