PGP 9.0.3, .asc - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP 9.0.3, .asc - PGP ; I have a client using an old version of PGP (5, I beleive). I have a new version of the program and it seems to save files as .pgp -- but the client wants files saved as asc. Is there ...

  1. PGP 9.0.3, .asc

    I have a client using an old version of PGP (5, I beleive). I have a
    new version of the program and it seems to save files as .pgp -- but
    the client wants files saved as asc. Is there a way around this?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: PGP 9.0.3, .asc

    In article <1134052733.395786.142420@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups. com>,
    Petra wrote:
    >I have a client using an old version of PGP (5, I beleive). I have a
    >new version of the program and it seems to save files as .pgp -- but
    >the client wants files saved as asc. Is there a way around this?

    When selecting the keys to encrypt to, at the bottom will be a list of
    options. (If they don't appear, look for a disclosure triangle to make
    them appear). Make sure that "Text Output" is checked. This will cause
    ASCII-armored output to be created, which is what you're looking for.

    --
    Gregory Pratt gp@panix.com
    East Rutherford, NJ, USA http://www.panix.com/~gp/

+ Reply to Thread