PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003 - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003 - PGP ; Hi, I hope this question has not been asked many times (I did not found anything with Google). I have reinstalled my system and installed Desktop 9.0 instead of the older 8.x I had previously. While the 8.x had a ...

  1. PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003

    Hi,
    I hope this question has not been asked many times (I did not found
    anything with Google).
    I have reinstalled my system and installed Desktop 9.0 instead of
    the older 8.x I had previously. While the 8.x had a PGP icon list
    for encrypt, decrypt,.. the Desktop 9.0 seems to lack these adds
    to the menue-bars.
    Could the PGP Desktop be customized to get these back? (Encryption
    of e-mail was quite easy by typing the mail and clicking on this
    icon in the menue bar).

    Thanks a lot,
    Carlhermann

  2. Re: PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003

  3. Re: PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003

    "Tom McCune" schrieb:

    >> I hope this question has not been asked many times (I did not found
    >> anything with Google).
    >> I have reinstalled my system and installed Desktop 9.0 instead of
    >> the older 8.x I had previously. While the 8.x had a PGP icon list
    >> for encrypt, decrypt,.. the Desktop 9.0 seems to lack these adds
    >> to the menue-bars.
    >> Could the PGP Desktop be customized to get these back? (Encryption
    >> of e-mail was quite easy by typing the mail and clicking on this
    >> icon in the menue bar).

    > Instead of plug-ins, PGP 9.x provides an email proxy that is much more
    > automatic and transparent, and which is compatible with far more email
    > clients. You can creat new policies to cover just about any situation
    > you
    > may have.

    One disadvantage: If there is a problem (e.g. the PGP-service
    doesn't work for any reason) you will not become aware that
    your outgoing emails are not encrypted. I consider this a se-
    rious disadvantage.

    > It also retains all the Current Window usage.

    What do you mean by "retains all the Current Window usage"?

    UH

  4. Re: PGP Desktop 9.0 and Outlook 2003

+ Reply to Thread