GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt - PGP

This is a discussion on GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt - PGP ; I originally posted this question on the gnupg-users mailing list, but that list seems to have very little resources for development work. I'm hoping I could find some help here... So, I've been going through the samples, and I'm still ...

  1. GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt

    I originally posted this question on the gnupg-users mailing list, but that
    list seems to have very little resources for development work. I'm hoping I
    could find some help here...

    So, I've been going through the samples, and I'm still sort of unclear about
    how to get the right public key read in so I can do an encryption. I'm
    looking at the following function:

    gpgme_error_t gpgme_op_encrypt (gpgme_ctx_t ctx, gpgme_key_t recp[],
    gpgme_encrypt_flags_t flags, gpgme_data_t plain, gpgme_data_t cipher)

    The question is, how do I build these recipients? I have a bunch of public
    keys in a MySQL database keyed by email address. I want to populate recp[]
    with these public keys and encrypt, but I'm not sure how to go about doing
    that.

    Could someone give me a quick tutorial on how to get this going? Thanks in
    advance.

    Michael

  2. Re: GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt

    Hi,

    Michael wrote:
    > I originally posted this question on the gnupg-users mailing list, but that
    > list seems to have very little resources for development work. I'm hoping I
    > could find some help here...

    Why don't you post to gnupg-devel or gcrypt-devel?

    HTH.

  3. Re: GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt

    "Struuuunz" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Michael wrote:
    > > I originally posted this question on the gnupg-users mailing list, but

    that
    > > list seems to have very little resources for development work. I'm

    hoping I
    > > could find some help here...

    > Why don't you post to gnupg-devel or gcrypt-devel?
    >
    > HTH.

    Eh...I'll try that. I sort of felt that those lists were for people who
    develop *for* GPG, not develop *with*. Users develop with... I'll give it
    a shot, thanks, Struuunz.

    Michael

  4. !!!!! Re: GPGME Help: Encrypt/Decrypt

    "Michael" wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Could someone give me a quick tutorial on how to get this going? Thanks

    in
    > advance.

    Ok... I'm willing to PayPal $50 to whoever shows me how to do this.

    I'm not a developer by trade, but I'm actually ok at it. I just need some
    help in getting this down. Yeah it's only $50, but if you guys know what
    you're doing (and I assume every other subscriber to this list does), it
    should be painless.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread