the nature of passphrase to PGP secring - PGP

This is a discussion on the nature of passphrase to PGP secring - PGP ; I checked that: Files one can encrypt both at the use pubring.pkr as and by means of secring.skr Encipherment with a private key does not demand the use of a passphrase! It does not agree with the opinion that the ...

  1. the nature of passphrase to PGP secring

    I checked that:

    Files one can encrypt both at the use pubring.pkr as and by means of
    secring.skr Encipherment with a private key does not demand the use of a
    passphrase! It does not agree with the opinion that the private key is coded
    by means of passphrase. An encrypted file by pubring is other than the file
    encrypted by secring. However both files one can decrypt (by secring) and
    receive the same the source file. A question is only, whether the
    encipherment by secring is safe?, eg. whether somebody knowing one file
    which became encypted can get a private key? (and similarly what is the
    public key if he knows what is one file that was encrypted - but it is of
    course not a problem).

    What is the nature of passphrase to the secring? (It does not look like that
    the secring is coded by passphrase.) Is safe facilities of secring? The
    question is contradictory with a nature of generating of a keys pair,
    however the answer is relative to this: what is a passphrase to the secring?

    Regards
    Sewer

  2. Re: the nature of passphrase to PGP secring

+ Reply to Thread