why don't I show up in the PGP directory? - PGP

This is a discussion on why don't I show up in the PGP directory? - PGP ; James Buddenhagen (that's me) is in the global PGP directory, at least I think I am. But when I click the PGPkeys tray icon and do 'server' then 'search...' and fill in the boxes with Idap://keyserver.pgp.com User ID contains Buddenhagen ...

  1. why don't I show up in the PGP directory?

    James Buddenhagen (that's me) is in the global PGP directory,
    at least I think I am. But when I click the PGPkeys tray icon
    and do 'server' then 'search...' and fill in the boxes with

    Idap://keyserver.pgp.com
    User ID contains Buddenhagen

    nothing shows up. Why is that? I can't find myself :-(

    When I put in the full User ID, namely: James Buddenhagen
    then I do show up. I'm still using 'contains' for the search.

    Can others find me by searching on my last name?

    I'm using freeware PGP 8.1 under windows 2000.

    Any help or explanation appreciated.

    --
    James Buddenhagen

  2. Re: why don't I show up in the PGP directory?

    James Buddenhagen wrote:
    > James Buddenhagen (that's me) is in the global PGP directory,
    > at least I think I am. But when I click the PGPkeys tray icon
    > and do 'server' then 'search...' and fill in the boxes with
    >
    > Idap://keyserver.pgp.com
    > User ID contains Buddenhagen
    >
    > nothing shows up. Why is that? I can't find myself :-(
    >
    > When I put in the full User ID, namely: James Buddenhagen
    > then I do show up. I'm still using 'contains' for the search.
    >
    > Can others find me by searching on my last name?
    >
    > I'm using freeware PGP 8.1 under windows 2000.
    >
    > Any help or explanation appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > James Buddenhagen

    I can find you on this site James

    https://keyserver.pgp.com/vkd/SubmitSearch.event

    But only when entering your full name.

    --
    Best Wishes from Martin

    So many questions, so few answers.

    PGP Key ID, 0x581E4CE1

  3. Re: why don't I show up in the PGP directory?

  4. Re: why don't I show up in the PGP directory?

    "Tom McCune" wrote in message

    Thanks to both Martin and Tom for checking on this.
    Tom I think you explanation is right. Thanks.
    --
    James Buddenhagen

  5. Re: why don't I show up in the PGP directory?

    On 2005-06-23 11:13:59 -0700, "James Buddenhagen" said:

    > "Tom McCune" wrote in message

    > Thanks to both Martin and Tom for checking on this.
    > Tom I think you explanation is right. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread