GPGrelay hang when Win XP start - PGP

This is a discussion on GPGrelay hang when Win XP start - PGP ; Hello folks. Some time ago my laptop while hybernating hanged so I switched it off unplugging the cable. By that time anytime I boot up windows XP I have the follow GPGrelay error messagge: GPGrelay could not import any key ...

  1. GPGrelay hang when Win XP start

    Hello folks.
    Some time ago my laptop while hybernating hanged so I switched it off
    unplugging the cable.
    By that time anytime I boot up windows XP I have the follow GPGrelay
    error messagge:

    GPGrelay could not import any key from GnuPG
    But there is evidence that you already had GPGrelay running with a
    filled keyring!
    GPGrelay will not clean up its settings in the registry to prevent
    data-loss!
    Check your settings of GnuPG and restart GPGrelay!

    The even WinPt start to ask about Keyrings Public Rings and so on.

    Any idea how to solve that problem?
    thank You all.
    Ciao
    CixiSan

  2. Re: GPGrelay hang when Win XP start

  3. Re: GPGrelay hang when Win XP start

    When I right click on GPGrelay's tray icon and select About, it does
    point to the correct location of my keys

    >Does GPGrelay's Keyrule screen display any keys?

    Yes it does.

    >Have you tried restoring a backup of your keyrings?

    No I do not have a backup

    >I've heard of one instance where a GPGrelay user had a bad copy of the

    PGP Global Directory Verification Key. Although the keyring could be
    viewed in GPGShell, it could not be seen in GPGrelay. Deleting the key
    and installing a fresh copy resolved the problem.

    I'll try this and let you know tomorrow.
    Thak You for your help.

    - --
    Kevin Coates

+ Reply to Thread