Encryption compatibility - PGP

This is a discussion on Encryption compatibility - PGP ; This may be a stupid question, but are emails encrypted using version 9 decryptable by someone using version 8 or earlier? The underlying question would be, has there been a change in the encryption process in the new version, or ...

  1. Encryption compatibility

    This may be a stupid question, but are emails encrypted using version 9
    decryptable by someone using version 8 or earlier? The underlying
    question would be, has there been a change in the encryption process in
    the new version, or only in the UI, key server, etc? I have searched
    the internet in general, PGP's site, and this group and can't find
    the answer.

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Encryption compatibility

  3. Re: Encryption compatibility

    Russell wrote:

    > This may be a stupid question, but are emails encrypted using version 9
    > decryptable by someone using version 8 or earlier? The underlying
    > question would be, has there been a change in the encryption process in
    > the new version, or only in the UI, key server, etc? I have searched
    > the internet in general, PGP's site, and this group and can't find
    > the answer.
    >
    > Thanks...

    presents an
    excellent view of capabilities for version 8 and earlier. Just
    don't use version 9 capabilities that aren't in the charts.

    --

    David E. Ross

    complies with Web standards. See .

  4. Re: Encryption compatibility